Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maniac Lures closing buisness
James is closing his buisness after 15 years. If interested you can go on his site and order items he has in stock. I loved using his plastics ice fishing.
Yeah I went there but everything I use is sold out already. ?

Sorry to see him go.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Oh man I hoped he had sold it so the lures would still be available... He really got some good stuff dialed in, those vertiglo heads and vertiglo II were great to use with the Cut'r bugs... I'll miss them for sure... Those agressive cutts chew up those plastics really fast, I'm going to be rationing those crazy glo orange bodies big time now...  Want to give James a big thank you for his support of BFT contests over the years as well as making great lures that have caught me a bunch of fish over the years...  In fact I think his lures have caught some of my biggest fish for me...  Going to miss them.. Best of luck in what ever his future brings... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Anyone know why he is closing sure going to miss those plastics
Are you sure he is closing his doors? There isn't any indication of this on his site
I got an email from him Monday saying that he is closing.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(04-22-2020, 08:28 PM)jbob81 Wrote: Are you sure he is closing his doors? There isn't any indication of this on his site

I got an email from him yesterday, and went on his online shop and bought a view things mainly looking for the white vertigo jigs and they were sold out, I still spent over $100 on some of his other stuff.
This is a Sad day for Utah, and for fishermen in general.
(04-22-2020, 05:58 PM)Rainy Wrote: Anyone know why he is closing sure going to miss those plastics

He is actively trying to sell the business but he told me the reason for selling is to spend more time with his family. He said he spends way too much time making plastics and not enough time doing the things he loves.
It has been for sale for some time. I was hoping someone who loves the stuff would step in and keep it going. Anyone?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I am trying to contact him through his website for details on purchasing the company. I have an investor that is interested. Does anyone have a better way of contacting him directly. You can PM me with info. Thanks
(04-23-2020, 04:49 PM)jbob81 Wrote: I am trying to contact him through his website for details on purchasing the company. I have an investor that is interested. Does anyone have a better way of contacting him directly. You can PM me with info. Thanks
Have you tried reaching him through these?
Phone:435-279-9900   /   Email:maniaclures@maniaccustomlures.com
Yes but haven't heard back
Anyone heard anything more about the status of Manic Lures. I find myself a victim of the Covid economic takedown and trying to decide if I want to pursue a new career at this age or look to more pleasant early retirement options. Not sure this would make sense for me but I hate to see these great lures unavailable for the public.

Hope he finds someone to keep them available.

Oh, early retirement. It could be just fine if Cookie would stop adding things to my chores list. She is a tough task master.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(05-06-2020, 03:04 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Anyone heard anything more about the status of Manic Lures. I find myself a victim of the Covid economic takedown and trying to decide if I want to pursue a new career at this age or look to more pleasant early retirement options. Not sure this would make sense for me but I hate to see these great lures unavailable for the public.

Hope he finds someone to keep them available.

Oh, early retirement. It could be just fine if Cookie would stop adding things to my chores list. She is a tough task master.
I just spoke with Jim's brother who is a friend of mine and he has the buisness up for sale, it is advertised on his Face Book site accroding to Brian.
(05-06-2020, 03:41 PM)PACKFAN Wrote: I just spoke with Jim's brother who is a friend of mine and he has the buisness up for sale, it is advertised on his Face Book site accroding to Brian.

I just looked at the Facebook page and I couldn't see anything regarding the business being for sale.
(05-07-2020, 12:36 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 03:41 PM)PACKFAN Wrote: I just spoke with Jim's brother who is a friend of mine and he has the buisness up for sale, it is advertised on his Face Book site accroding to Brian.

I just looked at the Facebook page and I couldn't see anything regarding the business being for sale.

me either
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I have been emailing Jim regarding the purchase of his company. I am not going to pursue the purchase as it's not the right fit for me but I have attached the details of the purchase below if anyone out there is interested in making the move. I love the product and hope someone will keepit going

Asking $135,000 for the equipment, Name, Packaging, Materials, Inventory, two registered names, Injection Machine, molds.This is an opportunity for someone to get a start into the lure business. 

Thanks
James Bradshaw
Maniac Custom Lures