Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle today, what do you think?
some boats on Jordanelle 
[Image: 1-DSCN2390.jpg] [Image: DSCN2388.jpg] [Image: DSCN2389.jpg]
I think before I made te drive I would make a phone call,
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Robert, I think the residents of Wasatch County are extremly lucky to be able to fish there today.  As of the latest update (4/22/2020 @ 11:15 AM) it's still closed to you and I. Sad
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I will stay away 
but that looks like to many cars for Wasatch County
but come May first it will be hard not going to Strawberry.  If they don't lift that stay out of wasatch county.
Robert I think you would be ok to go to the berry, IF you have a way to leave the county and float a boat, Im sure you got one but  not the other right now.
               O.C.F.D.
(04-22-2020, 05:56 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I will stay away 
but that looks like to many cars for Wasatch County
but come May first it will be hard not going to Strawberry.  If they don't lift that stay out of wasatch county.

Robert, the Wasatch County Directive was modified yesterday.  They now only suggest/recommend that you not come there, instead of making it mandatory that you not visit there.  So, yes, you can now go to Strawberry effective yesterday.  But, of course, it isn't open near enough to launch and effectively fish from a boat just yet.  But you are legal to go try anytime you want.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Mr Hicks!  I enjoy your coments and post a ton!!! Keeping us all in line nad taking good care! So that 77 years young is not aloud to go to 78!  You must stick around and not get any older!  Thank you!
Just got back from going to home depot, parking lot was full and car's waiting to get in turned around and came home Past a liquor store its parking lot was full and about 5 goine in and 5 coming out.   and they stop us frome going Fishing 
The Ice comes off Soldier Creek about two weeks before it comes of the Strawberry side.  The only thing is the road has snow  on it some times.
you can look at my old post in April and see when I started fishing S. C.
Look at this I'm safe
[Image: DSCN2397.jpg]
Well Robert, I was one of the boats on Jordanelle this morning. As I drove up the canyon from Provo, the truck and boat ahead of me pulled into Deer Creek State Park. When I arrived at Jordanelle, the electronic sign still said "Wasatch County residents only". No one was at the check in station and I had my State Parks pass so I pulled in. I had printed all the directives and decided that if they gave me a hard time, at least I could argue with documentation. I launched with about 9 other boats. Residence was not a topic of conversation. Did not see a ranger or anyone official the entire time there.

I launched and fished until about 11:30. Got 3 kokes, 2 decent sized and 1 small shaker. Red/pink caught all the fish. Green was ignored. Wind blew me off, but after taking the boat down, the wind seemed to lay down again. I talked to 5 other boats at take out. On 4 of the boats, they had the same as me (2). The 5th boat was not targeting kokanee and had caught 1 brown.

I am pretty sure I did not contract COVID while there (wore mask launching and retrieving) and also pretty sure no one got it from me. Excited to go to Soldier Creek. Hope only a week out.
I always TRY to not make judgments about others risk management philosophy.  It is your right to decide for yourself what is and what is not acceptable risk.  We all do it at some point.  You know, exceeding the speed limit, running the yellow light, jaywalking, crossing the RR tracks when the lights are already flashing, etc.  Your life; your call.  And violating COVID-19 Directives fall into the same category - risk management.  Am I willing to risk a confrontation with the law, or not.  Again, your life, your call.  I judge you not.  I just try to give the facts as best I can and let you make your own calls.  Tight lines to all y'all whatever your risk management might be.

Also nice to know the kokanee are waking up at Jordanelle.   Smile
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Actually, thanks Bob. I appreciated your information. I printed out the links you and others provided on this and previous posts. I read them and made a decision.

Honestly I do not think Wasatch county and the State communicate very well. On Monday, I called the Wasatch County health department and discussed the closure with the person in charge of Wasatch County health. I relayed to her that State Parks, Deer Creek and Jordanelle still had local restrictions that were keeping them closed. Her answer was that Wasatch County has nothing to do with State Parks - she said that is the State's jourisdiction. I let her know that the State had opened the State Parks but respected the local County health directives, so because of Wasatch County's stay in place order the State considered these parks still closed. She said she would look into the situation. On Monday I also called Deer Creek State park and told them I had talked with Wasatch County - their response was "what did they say?" No one is communicating here.

I really think the directive last night was Wasatch county's attempt to comply with the State. It would also be my guess that no one from Wasatch county coummuncated such with the State. Actually I was hoping to see someone at the gate this morning, not to confront, but to initiate communication between the State and Wasatch County. 

Thanks again Bob, I do not feel judged. Sometimes with government, you just need to give them a nudge off the top of the slide to get them moving. Not sure why Duchesne County and Garfield County could get it done and not Wasatch, but that is another discussion.
I think we can fish again. Deer creek and Jordanelle just posted this on Facebook  [Image: 91-A8-AADD-B78-A-44-F3-AD48-D30-F59-C7192-A.png]
Sounds as if they are now talking. I had that document with me when I went to Jordanelle this morning - but it was from Wasatch county. Seeing that it is on Deer Creeks and Jordanelles FB page lets us know that the State Parks are now aware. WooHoo
(04-22-2020, 10:28 PM)brookie Wrote: Actually, thanks Bob. I appreciated your information. I printed out the links you and others provided on this and previous posts. I read them and made a decision.

Honestly I do not think Wasatch county and the State communicate very well. On Monday, I called the Wasatch County health department and discussed the closure with the person in charge of Wasatch County health. I relayed to her that State Parks, Deer Creek and Jordanelle still had local restrictions that were keeping them closed. Her answer was that Wasatch County has nothing to do with State Parks - she said that is the State's jourisdiction. I let her know that the State had opened the State Parks but respected the local County health directives, so because of Wasatch County's stay in place order the State considered these parks still closed. She said she would look into the situation. On Monday I also called Deer Creek State park and told them I had talked with Wasatch County - their response was "what did they say?" No one is communicating here.

I really think the directive last night was Wasatch county's attempt to comply with the State. It would also be my guess that no one from Wasatch county coummuncated such with the State. Actually I was hoping to see someone at the gate this morning, not to confront, but to initiate communication between the State and Wasatch County. 

Thanks again Bob, I do not feel judged. Sometimes with government, you just need to give them a nudge off the top of the slide to get them moving. Not sure why Duchesne County and Garfield County could get it done and not Wasatch, but that is another discussion.

We are 100% in agreement; there IS a breakdown in communcations between state agencies for sure.   Big Grin

And as of right now (4/22/202 - 5:49 PM), both DeerCreek & Jordanelle are STILL listed as closed to all but Wasatch County residents.  And for the record, there isn't enough money in the state of Utah to make me do fakebook.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-22-2020, 11:47 PM)dubob Wrote: And for the record, there isn't enough money in the state of Utah to make me do fakebook.
Ahhhhhh comon Bob, I'll join if you do, just think of all the enertainment and trouble we could cause and just think you wouldnt have to look up those darn FACTS just say it how you heard it in your head, ain't that how it works. Big Grin
               O.C.F.D.
Actually directives are not in the same category. Directives are not laws. Directives do not supersede my constitutional rights. Stop with the covid shaming.
(04-27-2020, 05:24 AM)BertDawg Wrote: Actually directives are not in the same category. Directives are not laws. Directives do not supersede my constitutional rights. Stop with the covid shaming.

I beg to differ with you on that point.  They are not law, but they do have the force of law until such time as a supreme court says they don't.  So for all intent and purposes, they are in the same catagory as law and are enforceable.
Wikipedia Wrote:Executive orders issued by state governors are not the same as statutes passed by state legislatures but have the force of law, like in the federal system. State executive orders are usually based on existing constitutional or statutory powers of the governor and do not require any action by the state legislature to take effect.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
well liketrolling i saw you on Jordannelle today, Monday, It was good for about 1 hour then went off very fast. Once the sonar had good fish and someone rang the bell and they all disapeared??  Totally gone, saw you working a spot in the middle.  Did you find anything there?  I went crusing and found NOthing.. Boated one broke off one and that was it>>>>
(04-27-2020, 07:02 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: well liketrolling i saw you on Jordannelle today, Monday, It was good for about 1 hour then went off very fast. Once the sonar had good fish and someone rang the bell and they all disapeared??  Totally gone, saw you working a spot in the middle.  Did you find anything there?  I went crusing and found NOthing.. Boated one broke off one and that was it>>>>

I was there as well and got NO bites at all.  Not good; not good at all.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-27-2020, 09:05 PM)dubob Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 07:02 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: well liketrolling i saw you on Jordannelle today, Monday, It was good for about 1 hour then went off very fast. Once the sonar had good fish and someone rang the bell and they all disapeared??  Totally gone, saw you working a spot in the middle.  Did you find anything there?  I went crusing and found NOthing.. Boated one broke off one and that was it>>>>

I was there as well and got NO bites at all.  Not good; not good at all.

Whassa matta?  Did you have bananas in the boat?  The best thing about blanking is that it can only get better.