Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek and Jordanelle
Excited to be able to hit these two lakes again. That was a rough couple weeks not being able to fish them. Plus I had a newborn come into this world with all this crap going on! Exciting times!

I haven't seen a lot of reports on what's been going on at the two. I'm going to hit DC early Saturday before work to try and get a couple keeper rainbows. Are they still high in the water columns? Last I fished there most were being caught closer to the inlet in the shallower water. 

Sunday I'm going to hit Jordanelle in the morning to go after the Kokanee, haven't heard much on them either. Sounds like it's been kinda random on where they are located from the small bits of info I've seen. 

Looking forward to some good springtime fishing!
The planters in Deer Creek are still up shallow in the water column. Sunday the water temp was still holding around fifty degrees like it has been for the last couple of weeks. I've been doing ok with small crankbaits that dive down a few feet up on the North end of the lake from the bridge to about half way to the island. Also have been marking a lot of fish by the no-wake buoy line by the island around thirty feet down but haven't fished them to see what they are.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
a_bow_nut pid= Wrote:The planters in Deer Creek are still up shallow in the water column. Sunday the water temp was still holding around fifty degrees like it has been for the last couple of weeks. I've been doing ok with small crankbaits that dive down a few feet up on the North end of the lake from the bridge to about half way to the island. Also have been marking a lot of fish by the no-wake buoy line by the island around thirty feet down but haven't fished them to see what they are.

Good to know. The last time I caught a limit was by the island where the buoy lines were to the west side of
the lake and I slammed them. But last time I didn't catch crap right there and I talked to a few other guys and they were all catching them in the shallows on the north side, and this was all before the planters were put in. Trying to avoid them planters if I can!