Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First boats on Strawberry
Sorry for the title. I know I got a few peopel excited.  Big Grin

Does anyone have a current update on Ice conditions at Strawberry? I would imagine that with the warm temperatures it won't be very long. If Ice is 30-60' away from shore a little wind and sun will peel it off pretty fast. 

Last DWR Update:
Ice fishing season has come to an end. The ice is steadily receding/pulling-away giving 30- to 60-feet of open water at the shoreline in multiple areas around the reservoir.
Anglers should not attempt to access and/or fish from any remaining late season ice as it is quickly deteriorating and is extremely unsafe.
(April 23, 2020)
With the temps approaching near record levels this coming week I would think that the ice will be almost all gone in the next 10 days.
Sure, several already.  Belly boats, float tubes, well I did last year so I expect that someone had done it already.   Tongue
Put the pontoon out yesterday, lousy fishing but plenty of open water atleast at the ladders for a tune up trip. I give it a week and the whole lake will be open
I just called the main marina and ther is still ice on Strawberry Bay. The ice is pulling away from the shores in the smaller bays and people have been fishing from kick boats amd small aluminum boats. If this weather stays warm for another week or so hopefully the ice will be gone.
Thanks for the Replys. I have tomorrow off and was really hoping to get the boat on Strawberry. Guess it will be next week.
Someone just posted a pic on Facebook... holding a nice cutt, wading behind the lodge at the marina... looked like about 30 yds of open water.

Ice in the photos looks pretty shot... more like floating slush pile... maybe one good windstorm away from being completely ice free.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring