Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Drive-by
I took a Sunday drive today to see how the Berry looked for Ice off. Plenty of water to fish at the edges. Drove over to Soldier Creek and it had more open water but still a giant sheet of ice so not quite ready to launch my boat yet. However with the warm weather this week I don't think it will be too long before boats are launched. There were a couple of small row boats at the ladders but not too much room to go too far.
(04-27-2020, 04:37 AM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: I took a Sunday drive today to see how the Berry looked for Ice off. Plenty of water to fish at the edges. Drove over to Soldier Creek and it had more open water but still a giant sheet of ice so not quite ready to launch my boat yet. However with the warm weather this week I don't think it will be too long before boats are launched. There were a couple of small row boats at the ladders but not too much room to go too far.

Pretty amazing, from the time you posted this, to a week later, that place is ice free.
(05-06-2020, 01:28 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 04:37 AM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: I took a Sunday drive today to see how the Berry looked for Ice off. Plenty of water to fish at the edges. Drove over to Soldier Creek and it had more open water but still a giant sheet of ice so not quite ready to launch my boat yet. However with the warm weather this week I don't think it will be too long before boats are launched. There were a couple of small row boats at the ladders but not too much room to go too far.

Pretty amazing, from the time you posted this, to a week later, that place is ice free.

Yeah, I think it blew off two days later. It was rotten dark blue ice so I figured it would only take a pretty good breeze to clear it.