Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 4-27
After my moderate success last Friday, I thought I would be able to easily catch a few Kokanee and maybe a brown or two on a short early morning run to the Nelle. How wrong I was. I have 2 kids not too happy with the old man for getting them out of bed at 4:30 for a "guaranteed Koke harvest". Nope, we got our butts kicked. We were the 2nd boat on the water right at daylight and trolled the productive spots from last week. Took us a little while to get the first one in the box and a quick second hookup was lost at the net. That was it! We trolled for miles and only got one bite in the next 3 hours. Called it a day before 10. There were about 10 other boats trolling but I didn't see a lot of action but I assume some of you were there? Let me know if I'm really that bad or if the fish just weren't cooperating today. Cost me a breakfast in Heber to make up for my "guarantee". I reminded them that at least we didn't get skunked but not by much. Beautiful morning with no wind and still way better than quarantine!!
did you see me there  sometimes Mondays are bad days because of all the boats there on week ends.   they pushed the kokanees all over the place.
(04-27-2020, 11:21 PM)liketrolling Wrote: did you see me there  sometimes Mondays are bad days because of all the boats there on week ends.   they pushed the kokanees all over the place.

I think I saw you. Were you in a Tracker with a bimini top? I didn't want to get too close. Dis you get some?
I have always wondered why one day is better than another.  So I started looking at solunar tables.  You said you had success last Friday.  Friday, April 24 was considered a "Better" fishing day with 3 stars with the minor time between 7-8 am and the major time between 2-4 pm.  However, Monday, April 27 was an "Average" one star day.  It would be interesting to see how others did last week, when most of the days were 3-4 star days.

I have noticed that at certain times of the year and with certain species the solunal table works.