Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unita Lakes & Access?
Has anyone made the attempt go head up in the Uintas from the Moutain View side heading up towards State Line Resevoir?
No but I don't have a snowmobile. From Snotel sites there is roughly 2 feet of snow nearby at that elevation. You do know it's still April. Even on a low snow year it's hard to get in before mid May coming south from Mountain View.
I have a ranch in Bridger valley and a house in Layton.  General rule of thumb you cant get into the uintas untill the snow is off the peaks on the wasatch.  Been using this general rule of thumb for years.  it holds true for the most part.
<blockquote><cite>"Joe_Hill" pid='1099032' dateline='1588219484'</cite><bquote>
No but I don't have a snowmobile. From Snotel sites there is roughly 2 feet of snow nearby at that elevation. You do know it's still April. Even on a low snow year it's hard to get in before mid May coming south from Mountain View.</bquote></blockquote>

Thank you. Yeah, I am getting the bug and thought I would go for a drive late next week. I will let you guys know what I find.

(04-30-2020, 03:25 PM)fishalot13 Wrote: I have a ranch in Bridger valley and a house in Layton.  General rule of thumb you cant get into the uintas untill the snow is off the peaks on the wasatch.  Been using this general rule of thumb for years.  it holds true for the most part.

That is great advice as I live in Davis County as well. Thank you!