Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Bass spawn
Hello all,

I missed the white bass run last year, and I'm hoping I haven't missed it again this year. Does anyone know if they're running in the rivers yet or not? I searched the forum before making this but I didn't see anything that was conclusive. Thanks.
(05-01-2020, 01:05 AM)ditchpickle98 Wrote: Hello all,

I missed the white bass run last year, and I'm hoping I haven't missed it again this year. Does anyone know if they're running in the rivers yet or not? I searched the forum before making this but I didn't see anything that was conclusive. Thanks.
Make sure you read the proclamation. All tributaries are closed for the walleye spawn until May 1st, They should be thick in there now as soon as it opens have at it.
(05-01-2020, 01:45 AM)fishinfool Wrote:

Make sure you read the proclamation. All tributaries are closed for the walleye spawn until May 1st, They should be thick in there now as soon as it opens have at it.

No you can fish them all you want all year long actually. You just have to release all walleye caught.
You definitely have not missed it. Some members are reporting that the males are starting to stack up in preparation for the spawn. I have heard of some catches around the springs at Lincoln Beach and at Mulberry Beach but that nothing is going yet around AF Harbor. Some are also being caught at Provo Harbor early in the morning. But the big slaughter is still a few days to a couple of weeks away. Just watch this forum and I'm sure there will be reports. Other options for you to get info is to conduct a search and see when they were running in previous years, and go back to last year at this time and check what was happening.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(05-01-2020, 06:56 AM)Envenomation09 Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 01:45 AM)fishinfool Wrote:

No you can fish them all you want all year long actually. You just have to release all walleye caught.
I stand corrected, They have changed it this year to the posession of walleye instead of closed to all fishing like in years past. 

Utah Lake tributaries, Utah County (a) Including but not limited to tributaries west of I-15: American Fork Creek, Beer Creek, Dry Creek, Hobble Creek, Spanish Fork River,Spring Creek and Spring Run Creek. •All suckers must be immediately released. •CLOSED to the possession of walleye from March 1 through 6 a.m. on the first Saturday of May. •No limit on northern pike. Anglers must not release any northern pike they catch. All northern pike must be immediately killed.
I think that Beer Creek feeds Benjamin Slough. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig -- I believe it is Spring Creek that feeds Benjamin Slough... at least, that is what I have always called it. Confused
Thanks, Lynn--made me go to the topo map. Spring Creek, as you well know, originates in Spring Lake and Beer Creek eminates from Salem. They converge near or at the slough. Funny thing: we have rented horse pasture on the headwaters of each.

Craig I think the inflow of Beer Creek is at the Waste Station North of Linden Boat Harbor.
(05-01-2020, 11:03 PM)catchinon Wrote: I think that Beer Creek feeds Benjamin Slough. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct.  Benjamin Slough is also known as "Beer Creek".