Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 2 Weekends at the gorge
Me and the clan have hit the gorge the last 2 weekends and the fishing has been pretty darn good. The weather has been a roller coaster from coveralls to shorts and a Tshirt....  We have been trolling and jigging up kokes trout and burbot. Cha Cha squids/ hoochies behind a sling blade has been the ticket for trolling, and sonic baitfish has been the ticket for jigging.  [Image: rainbow.jpg] [Image: fishy.jpg] [Image: Resized-20200427-145454.jpg] [Image: IMG-5072.jpg] [Image: IMG-5108.jpg]
Nice catch, thanks for the report.
(05-01-2020, 03:34 PM)trophyboat Wrote: Me and the clan have hit the gorge the last 2 weekends and the fishing has been pretty darn good. The weather has been a roller coaster from coveralls to shorts and a Tshirt....  We have been trolling and jigging up kokes trout and burbot. Cha Cha squids/ hoochies behind a sling blade has been the ticket for trolling, and sonic baitfish has been the ticket for jigging. 
[Image: rainbow.jpg] [Image: fishy.jpg] [Image: Resized-20200427-145454.jpg]
[Image: IMG-5072.jpg] [Image: IMG-5108.jpg]

Ya done good.  I'm hoping to get up there very soon.  I'm down to my last 3 or 4 bottles of canned salmon and no frozen fillets.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(05-01-2020, 07:00 PM)dubob Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 03:34 PM)trophyboat Wrote: Me and the clan have hit the gorge the last 2 weekends and the fishing has been pretty darn good. The weather has been a roller coaster from coveralls to shorts and a Tshirt....  We have been trolling and jigging up kokes trout and burbot. Cha Cha squids/ hoochies behind a sling blade has been the ticket for trolling, and sonic baitfish has been the ticket for jigging. 
[Image: rainbow.jpg] [Image: fishy.jpg] [Image: Resized-20200427-145454.jpg]
[Image: IMG-5072.jpg] [Image: IMG-5108.jpg]

Ya done good.  I'm hoping to get up there very soon.  I'm down to my last 3 or 4 bottles of canned salmon and no frozen fillets.

Better get up there, the bite is pretty good for us this early in season, its been basically non stop when we have been persuing kokes, won't take long for you to fill up your limits!!  My trailer is "Stranded" up there so we plan on being up there alot more this year, we'll have to cross paths one day!
(05-02-2020, 04:55 AM)trophyboat Wrote: Better get up there, the bite is pretty good for us this early in season, its been basically non stop when we have been persuing kokes, won't take long for you to fill up your limits!!  My trailer is "Stranded" up there so we plan on being up there alot more this year, we'll have to cross paths one day!

Hope so Kody.  I have 6 trips up there already on my dance card for this year and may add a couple more.   Big Grin   However, they are all during the week except in early June; I have friends from Texas joining me (annual thing) on June 5 - 11.  Tell your Dad 'Hi!' for me.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Nicely done Kody, been following your reports from Bear L to the Gorge now. I'm picking a day in the middle of next week to hit the Gorge again. Looking fwd to it. Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(05-01-2020, 03:34 PM)trophyboat Wrote: Me and the clan have hit the gorge the last 2 weekends and the fishing has been pretty darn good. The weather has been a roller coaster from coveralls to shorts and a Tshirt....  We have been trolling and jigging up kokes trout and burbot. Cha Cha squids/ hoochies behind a sling blade has been the ticket for trolling, and sonic baitfish has been the ticket for jigging.  [Image: rainbow.jpg] [Image: fishy.jpg] [Image: Resized-20200427-145454.jpg] [Image: IMG-5072.jpg] [Image: IMG-5108.jpg]

Great report. Do you mind me asking what part of the lake your finding the kokes? Thanks
Awesome koks!
Thank You very much for your report!  I'll be down there next weekend.