Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Report Friday, May 1
I finally had a morning that I could take the boat out and fish for some Kokanee. My son and I arrived at 6am and started fishing by the dam. We caught the first fish as I was hooking up the third line to the downrigger clip. I felt it hit while I was still handling the clip. Brought in a nice 18" salmon on a green spinner squid and green dodger. We trolled around and caught five more, including one triple. The triple was pretty exciting with just my 12-year-old son and I. The colors and depth all seemed to continually vary. Nothing seemed to be consistent. Fish were caught from surface down to 26 feet. Every color we tried seem to be good for one or two fish, with green and yellow maybe being a bit more consistent. Largest fish was 19.5 inches in the smallest 15.5 inches. Decided to leave around 10:30am. Wasn't the best day we've ever had, including the wind which was a bit of a nuisance, but it really felt great to be out in the boat again fishing, now that Jordanelle has opened back up to all residents. There were a lot more boats than we expected for it being a weekday morning.
(05-02-2020, 08:25 PM)kevinL Wrote: There were a lot more boats than we expected for it being a weekday morning.
Same thing at Willard last Wednesday.  Way too many folks out of work with kids out of school and they have cabin fever big time.  Fishing folks need to be at the launch by oh-dark-thirty and be off the water by about 11 AM at the latest for best results and less stress putting up with the power squadron.
 Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."