Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard beat me up
Coudnt post due to whatever the issue was . Fished Willard Saturday
We tied trolling our usual area got zip. Went into the North Marina lookin for crappie zilch nada. Fished for cats for an hour in freeway bay saw a few blip on sonar but they clearly had their middle fin up as they swam by. Nice day but skunked big time. Not the first and wont be the last but still smell skunk
That is the best reason for wearing face mask now, cuts down on the SKUNK smell.  LOL  Willard can do that to you.
Willard takes my lunch money on the regular.  I miss the crappie 4 out of 5 trips, never caught a walleye, and only a few wipers in my life. 

Better luck next time.
I usually do well on walleye, wipers have been fewet the last couple years. Also usually find a crappie or two this time of year but not this trip
Will try again soon
(05-06-2020, 03:17 PM)fish_fear_me2 Wrote: I usually do well on walleye, wipers have been fewet the last couple years. Also usually find a crappie or two this time of year but not this trip
Will try again soon

I've only been able to find one walleye this year in about 8-10 trips. Any tips for finding them more regularly?
(05-07-2020, 01:19 AM)fly_fishing_nut Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 03:17 PM)fish_fear_me2 Wrote: I usually do well on walleye, wipers have been fewet the last couple years. Also usually find a crappie or two this time of year but not this trip
Will try again soon

I've only been able to find one walleye this year in about 8-10 trips. Any tips for finding them more regularly?

Just trolling crankbaits at about 2.5 mph they have hit in freeway bsy, the openess and the NW dike.
(05-08-2020, 02:16 AM)fish_fear_me2 Wrote:
Will try again soon

Just trolling crankbaits at about 2.5 mph they have hit in freeway bsy, the openess and the NW dike.

Thanks tried Freeway Bay tonight, windy and cold. Only one wipers and two crappie around 2mph on flicker shad. Is that what you are using or lipless cranks or something else. Can't seem to find something reliable.
(05-08-2020, 04:27 AM)fly_fishing_nut Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 02:16 AM)fish_fear_me2 Wrote:
Will try again soon

Thanks tried Freeway Bay tonight, windy and cold. Only one wipers and two crappie around 2mph on flicker shad. Is that what you are using or lipless cranks or something else. Can't seem to find something reliable.

Been fishing WB in a boat for 16 years. The one constant I have learned is, there is no constant Huh.  Every day is a new experience. Sometimes tactics, lures, boat speed, area of water, or dozens of other variables, will affect the catch rate. I think the constant new challenge is what keeps many of us going back Big Grin
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool