Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has BFT been down?
Just got on using chrome, edge still will not let me on.   
fished the Strawberry side today could not find the kokanee ( which is nothing new in years past I have had a hard time finding them this early.)
did catch one 6" kokanee and lots and lots of cuts.
I see a post from mtncat1 he got some but he did not say which side he was on.
If you want to fish for cuts they are all over, from 10 feet down to the bottom  the deepest I got any was 60 feet down.
watching my Live scope I would see fish come to the downrigger ball showing that cannon Positive Ion  works.
Was it finally ice free?

Yes the site was down for while, but glad it's back.
I fished the Strawberry side today as well. Same as you, Lots of Cutts and no Kokes. I was suprised at how many other boats were up there for a Tuesday early in May.
Hey guys, 
Ive been o the soldier creek side the past 2 weekends and the kokes have been there. it has been a mad house of boats, and I don't know how anyone else did but we found plenty of success, 22 Kokes the first weekend it was ice free and 12 this last saturday. all fish were caught between 28-60 ft down. 60 ft setback with a stacked second rod 70 ft back. Caught on all sorts of colors didn't seem to matter much but the magic speed was 1.7 mph.
Today is the first I've been able to get back on this site.....and it is really S  L  O  W......maybe they want me to buy a new and improved laptop, but that ain't happenin.....hope it's better next time I try....
(05-13-2020, 06:54 PM)Jmorfish Wrote: Today is the first I've been able to get back on this site.....and it is really S  L  O  W......maybe they want me to buy a new and improved laptop, but that ain't happenin.....hope it's better next time I try....

Whatever they were doing to "fix" the old site aint working! To view a Post takes between 20-30 seconds. To sign-in takes over a minute to open the portal. The servers are obviously not optimized or load-balanced. PLEASE FIX!!
liketrolling pid= Wrote:Just got on using chrome, edge still will not let me on.   
Robert, I couldn't get edge to work either, I even had trouble with chrome but Firefox did work.
Was hoping you would find those silver bullets on the Berry side. I'm planning a day there soon.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
<quote option="&quot;jjannie&quot; pid='1099297' dateline='1588731285'"><br />
Was it finally ice free?<br />
<br />
Yes the site was down for while, but glad it's back.</quote><br />
Site being down is kind of a weekly occurance it seems.
(05-13-2020, 11:13 PM)TiteLines Wrote:
Quote:Whatever they were doing to "fix" the old site aint working! To view a Post takes between 20-30 seconds. To sign-in takes over a minute to open the portal. The servers are obviously not optimized or load-balanced. PLEASE FIX!!

There was a hacker on the site a few weeks back but they got it working smoothly until today. I ask the site manager what was going on and he said the same thing as before, it's the hacker, they haven't been able to find the exact problem he caused yet but as you can tell it's causing the site to run very slow.
And yesterday I thought it was probably just my computer here at work. But then it wasn't much better at home either.  I sure don't see what anyone gets out hacking a site like this................Angry
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(05-06-2020, 02:07 AM)liketrolling Wrote: Just got on using chrome, edge still will not let me on.   
Error Connecting to Database!
Doing Maintenance, Be Back Soon.
Or Just never connecting at all is what I am experiencing.
When you system connects to KSL.com, Ebay.com, AMazon.com, Google.com and
functions well it's not Your hardware or software that is the problem.
Site has been strugling since the UPGRADE.
Maybe the hacker was trying to help.
"I sure don't see what anyone gets out hacking a site like this................"

I can think of a couple reasons, and I'm sure there are others.

Some people, unwisely, use the same password on multiple sites, including their sensitive sites.  Hack BFT and find someone's username (often their email address) and their password.  Hack into a bank's Online site and try the user's email address and password (that they hacked off of BFT).  If it works, and there aren't any other protections in place, they are in.

Perhaps, they can plant a bot, a virus, or similar that will infect those who use this site and then that bot, virus or similar can do all sorts of dirty deeds, for them, on a multitude of computers.
(05-14-2020, 05:27 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: "I sure don't see what anyone gets out hacking a site like this................"

I can think of a couple reasons, and I'm sure there are others.

Some people, unwisely, use the same password on multiple sites, including their sensitive sites.  Hack BFT and find someone's username (often their email address) and their password.  Hack into a bank's Online site and try the user's email address and password (that they hacked off of BFT).  If it works, and there aren't any other protections in place, they are in.

Perhaps, they can plant a bot, a virus, or similar that will infect those who use this site and then that bot, virus or similar can do all sorts of dirty deeds, for them, on a multitude of computers.

OK, maybe that is all possible.  But this was supposed to be an Improvement  over the old site, wasn't it ?  I sure don't remember these kind of problems on that one.   Maybe it's because the new host or server or whatever the computer nerds call it, is trying to host or serv too many dissimilar type sites.  Anyway, sure hope they can get this fixed. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Super slow, screen going blank while typing, several browsers not working, can we go back to the told forum?

I don't know how much experience the webmaster is that made this, but I feel like we are one of their first, and perhaps their last.  Very disappointing for sure.
i bets its more than 3%
that think this is by no means an improvement
i hope the "premium" board that i  guess i cant be part of
is "big fail" tackling too
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom