Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry - Rockport - East Canyon report
Great day - Had an old high school friend along with Cookie and I (Lt Col M Butler ret)

Hit Strawberry first - oddly could not find the cuts in the normal bank locations we hit for early spring - We were a bit later than normal and talking to others up there they were off the shore early. Oh well the rainbows wanted to play, so we obliged them with Jakes, Blue Fox and Supedupers. Had a great time even if the size was on the smaller range. Still great fun if you are looking to get kids on the bite.

After saying goodbyes to MB - we headed to Rockport to mostly to see if the smallies were interested in us. Picked them up on a really small perch colored crankbait and a perch colored jig. Then to our suprise, we started to see perch following in a Jakes lure Cookie was tossing for passing rainbows. So I switched to a jig on a slip bobber and we started to get some nice ones. They were in about 8-18 ft of water. A bit odd this time of year, but we were getting early follows from really small perch and the bigger ones were right behind looking for snack. We probably should have stayed with that bite as it could have been a really interesting to see how long they stayed that shallow. But we wanted to scout East Canyon too - so off we went (Oh we picked up bows at RP too - Jakes, Jigs)

Ended at East Canyon - No action on Cookies standard powerbait which is really odd for EC, but she got them on a silver spoon. No idea the manufacture. I took a nap.

Here is the video

https://youtu.be/LifnYFdE9S8
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew