Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gorge 5-5-2020
Picked up AFDan at o'dark thirty as this is our usual norm. As I have change my mind before in the past whenever I get to the split of I-84 & I-80 I stayed on track to the Gorge not opting for the Berry since ice off. As we pulled into Evanston port of entry we could see Wyoming F&G hasn't awaken yet by 0520ish like they were the week before. Got to Lucerne about 0730 and quickly onto water. We headed to Anvil Draw(water temp 46°) since this has been the hot spot for a couple of weeks. We found the kokes and did really good but the numbers didn't seem to add after hearing from others & seeing what we did on the sonar. We trolled there for a while with an occasional burst of hit & run with 1 double. Heading south thru the pipe we couldn't buy a bite with anything. As we entered Rawlins Draw(temp up to 52°) we found the motherlode of kokes everywhere. By then it was later in the afternoon and lockjaw had set in, it was also time to wrap it up. It was a good day with calm seas and occasional nice slight breeze that would feel good on a toasted face.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Well done Roger, glad you guys got into them, we didn't mark much around the pipeline when we were looking either.