Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Lincoln Beach next three days
<p>It looks like the weather will be fine for boating/fishing at Lincoln Beach for the next three days. I plan to fish each day. Is anyone else going out? I would like to hook up to compare notes, etc. Please let me know here or in a PM.</p>
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Not LB but plan to hit one of the rivers to stock up on white bass this weekend.

Hit Mill Race last Saturday only getting a few in three hours. Moved to the Provo inlet and got a couple dozen in just under an hour. They should be stacked in there pretty good in the days to come.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
a_bow_nut, I'm hoping to get down there on Sunday for white bass as well. This is my first time targeting them or fishing Utah Lake. I appreciate the info on Mill Race and Provo inlet. Hopefully we'll all have some success this weekend.

catchinon, I only have a small aluminum boat that can't hold the whole family or kayaks for the whole crew. Since it's mother's day we'll probably bank tangle or drag the kayaks down.

Can either of you tell me if the fishing is decent mid-day through late afternoon?
I don't think the white bass care what time it is. When they are on they are fully committed and it's non-stop action. BTW, Mill Race is a small creek that won't accommodate many people. Provo River is probably your best bet. Have fun--they can be a blast.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks!
I would suggest taking the kayaks because there will be a ton of people on the banks fishing. The Provo inlet is on the south side of the Utah Lake state park area and there is a pirmitive launch on the sout side of the park that will put you right on the river so that you dont have to paddle all the way around from the harbor. 

If you don't find fish right in the channel we were fishing just south of the inlet next to where the last of the old reeds are poking out of the water. You may have to move around a little to find a school but it shouldn't be hard to get some.

As Catchinon said they're not picky and will bite just about anything at any time. The easiest lure to use is a curly tail jig from 1 1/2 - 3" in size in chartreuse or white colors. I also like to use spinners with a silver blade and small crankbaits.

It's looking like Sunday is going to be the day for us too maybe we will cross paths.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(05-07-2020, 06:29 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: I would suggest taking the kayaks because there will be a ton of people on the banks fishing. The Provo inlet is on the south side of the Utah Lake state park area and there is a pirmitive launch on the sout side of the park that will put you right on the river so that you dont have to paddle all the way around from the harbor. 

If you don't find fish right in the channel we were fishing just south of the inlet next to where the last of the old reeds are poking out of the water. You may have to move around a little to find a school but it shouldn't be hard to get some.

As Catchinon said they're not picky and will bite just about anything at any time. The easiest lure to use is a curly tail jig from 1 1/2 - 3" in size in chartreuse or white colors. I also like to use spinners with a silver blade and small crankbaits.

It's looking like Sunday is going to be the day for us too maybe we will cross paths.

Excellent info, Thanks again. Yeah hopefully cross paths with you.
Craig, I will be fishing Utah Lake tomorrow; however, we will be launching at the Provo Boat Harbor AKA Utah State Park.  We will catch a few white bass (for bait and for giggles) likely, in front of the Provo River and then go chasing the catfish.  If we don't do well at my usual honey hole we will probably head out to Bird Island.  I wish we had one more day of warm and calm weather before heading down, but alas I don't have that luxury.
I was able to wet a line at Lincoln Beach. Lots of activity with all the search and rescue personal on site. Managed 13 cats. Most were about 26"-27". Did manage to pick up a 28"er. Most were caught on white bass but the 28 was caught on Strawberry chicken. A Flait rig and a Spin and glow rig  were used with about 24" leader. The wind picked up about 1pm so I headed out. It was unusual to see Helicopters landing and taking off from the parking lot. Water temps were around 58 Degrees. Tight lines.
Looks like my plans have changed and we'll be headed to UT lake today instead of Sunday. We'll be at the state park hoping to land a few white bass. Cheers.
Ben, I guess I should have been more assertive or something but they had boats all over the harbor when I was there. I went to Provo and had good success except, once again, the cats ran small. I caught five 21.5"ers amongst a dozen I boated for example. I did catch a 28" for a one inch bump. I only caught one cat out of four that bit.

Kent, I wish I could have met up with you Saturday but I ended up spending the day with my wife.

My wife and myself were  told to go away as we went to Lincoln beach Saturday and we ended up going to provo. It was my wife's first time catching a catfish. She ended up with a 25"er and a smaller one about 22" that she won't claim because I set the hook on my rod and gave it to her to reel in. Anyway she caught her first catfish by her self and she was loving it she almost ripped it out of the water and in the boat before I could net it. Good times. She bought me a yearly pass for Father's day, tried to convince her it was a mother's day gift since it was a day early, I got Angry eyes given to me