Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more "premium members board"
I for one and happy to see the change of the layout, as well as the removal of the exlusive cult "Premium memebers" only section,
I know a fair amount of us only fish sesonally (I for one only fish FG open water) so the rules to stay in the secerte world group werent able to be followed, I like the idea that this open forum is to be shared by everyone now>
(05-07-2020, 02:44 PM)TRUBBS Wrote: I for one and happy to see the change of the layout, as well as the removal of the exlusive cult "Premium memebers" only section,
I know a fair amount of us only fish sesonally (I for one only fish FG open water) so the rules to stay in the secerte world group werent able to be followed, I like the idea that this open forum is to be shared by everyone now>

I agree, I thought it was a stupid idea in the first place. But I still don't care for this site.
Its still there for those who are members only who can see & use it. My fishing partner told me recently he posted there on one of our outings, so as long as that is going on I don't need to post openly. But instead I'll be posting over on the other forum, I know quite a few members here that are also over there too. That doesn't mean I won't participate here with other BFTers.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(05-07-2020, 02:44 PM)TRUBBS Wrote: I for one and happy to see the change of the layout, as well as the removal of the exlusive cult "Premium memebers" only section,
The Premium board is alive and well as of a second ago, available for members to use or not to use it simply requires a request to be given access. Nothing to exclusive or secret about that. Regular Participitation is required to maintain access
which is simply a user choice like any other choice you make on any web site. Can't see Downing a resource you feel you don't need and have chosen not to use but to each his own.
i requested such and have not recieved an answer
the fact that the sites a  junk show mess
and a "premium" exclusive anything is using bandwith
speaks to me of priorities
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(05-20-2020, 11:33 AM)fishskibum Wrote: i requested such and have not recieved an answer
the fact that the sites a  junk show mess
and a "premium" exclusive anything is using bandwith
speaks to me of priorities
True the Premium site does use bandwidth but I don't believe it contributes even the slightest to the problems we are experiencing. We could remove it entirely and not see a performance improvement.
One of the difficult issues in granting access to the Premium board must certainly be ones conduct on the regular boards we all have access to. Member in good standing is a low bar for most users, how we have interacted with moderators and fellow members in the past might make questionable granting access to any individual. Wish You Luck!!
(05-17-2020, 02:56 PM)Fowl-Hook Wrote:
The Premium board is alive and well as of a second ago, available for members to use or not to use it simply requires a request to be given access. Nothing to exclusive or secret about that. Regular Participitation is required to maintain access
which is simply a user choice like any other choice you make on any web site. Can't see Downing a resource you feel you don't need and have chosen not to use but to each his own.

I had replied but guess with the site problems it never showed. I used to be in the group, but honestly, having to post "Nice report" "good fish" "way to go" every week to keep post counts up, was just redundant to me, not sure why it was decided that a bunch of (In my opinion) unless posts was needed to keep access but it is what it is.
I still feel that a site dedicated to providing reports and information for anglers to do better on the water, should be open access to everyone (Just my .02)   you guys are more then welcome to post in your exclusive group, and ill continue to comment in the open for all. (Granted I only open water fish FG so I dont post a ton, but still here to help wherever I can)
I had the opportunity to join a few months. I opted to just continue as is when I read of special rules on top of the rules I already abide by that allows me to join in this forum. Other forums I'm also involved with have the same basic membership rules with no special priveledges. 
I do have further thoughts about this but will leave this where ended.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(06-01-2020, 02:38 PM)TRUBBS Wrote: I had replied but guess with the site problems it never showed. I used to be in the group, but honestly, having to post "Nice report" "good fish" "way to go" every week to keep post counts up, was just redundant to me, not sure why it was decided that a bunch of (In my opinion) unless posts was needed to keep access but it is what it is.
I still feel that a site dedicated to providing reports and information for anglers to do better on the water, should be open access to everyone (Just my .02)   you guys are more then welcome to post in your exclusive group, and ill continue to comment in the open for all. (Granted I only open water fish FG so I dont post a ton, but still here to help wherever I can)
I used to be a member of that group as well and could see no good reason to keep my post count up to remain.  I was called out on that and said 'Adios Amigo!' to the group and I haven't missed it one bit.  In fact, I hadn't even thought about it in over a year until you brought it up.  I have absolutely no reason to see it gone.  If a BFT Member qualifies and wants to follow the membership rules for that private forum, then I wish them well and say 'Go for it!'  I simple don't care if it exists or not.  I find plenty to talk about and discuss on the open forums and lots of opportunities to help others when I can.   Cool