Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Report
Just a quick buzz up to Mantua to see if the bluegill are up in the west dike, where kids can get to them easily. No sign of them today. Normally I can tell before I even see them, just by how the fish ducks are working the area.

I would guess this storm front coupled with the amazing moon phase has them off cycle. But I bet next week a guy with a flyrod and nymphs could enjoy himself early in the morning or kids with a tiny jig under a bobber would have a Smile.

It's one of my favorite spring runs and so much fun for kids.

But we did see powerbait dunkers tying into some rainbows.

We did toss out a pole for a few minutes, before the wind pushed us off.. Cookie got one bow on PB and I found some perch. I also almost lost my second most prized possession, my cowboy hat. Of course gotta say Cookie is my first cause she might read this. I did some fancy casting and caught it (my hat, not cookie) before the wind took it westward.

I seem to be finding perch in odd locations this week. These were way off shore, about as far as I could launch a piece of metal with my ultralight ( and some help from the wind) there was some weeds in that cast zone and if I could drop the steel into them before the wind pushed the line and lure out of position, I was able to get some lovn (from the perch not cookie)

Photo for proof, of the perch . No photo of the hat catch. My ever lovn bride was videoing the hat catch but my language might only be appropriate of true cowboys and pirates and not the younger crowd, so we wont post it Wink

[Image: 20200507-090847.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew