Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Started on the Boat
Neighbor finally got his boat over to me and got started putting in new seats, reworking the engine cover and new flooring.
[Image: KIMG0513.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0514.jpg]
(05-10-2020, 12:11 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Neighbor finally got his boat over to me and got started putting in new seats, reworking the engine cover and new flooring.
Looks good, what kind of boat is it?
It's a 19' Maxum, it's in pretty good shape other than the interior is weather rotted. Both seat pedestals will be done today.
(05-10-2020, 05:12 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: It's a 19' Maxum, it's in pretty good shape other than the interior is weather rotted. Both seat pedestals will be done today.

Does that mean you do upholstery work? Do you know anything a props?
I don't do upholstery work, new seats came with his boat, but needed some new pedestals to install them, which will add a little underseat storage. About the only thing I know about props is if they're bent then they don't work so good.
(05-10-2020, 06:57 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: I don't do upholstery work, new seats came with his boat, but needed some new pedestals to install them, which will add a little underseat storage. About the only thing I know about props is if they're bent then they don't work so good.

LOL, got yea. It looked like commercial seats but I wasn't sure, so you built the pedestals? I've got to have a custom made prop made for my boat motor, so I'm trying to get as much info as I can from members that might have opinions about props, that is why I ask.
Lol, sorry I'm not much help in that area.

Both seat pedestals are done. Just need to get them covered and installed.
[Image: KIMG0518.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0517.jpg]
Looks good, are you planning on putting a seat, facing back, on the rear of that  pedestal?
Yea, it'll have 4 seats, need some longer bolts to install them. Now I can get the motor cover pulled apart and start fixing it.
Been slow going, because of weather and a family emergency, but making some headway on it. Got the seat risers covered and looking at getting the motor cover done next, hopefully finished by the end of next week.
[Image: KIMG0537.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0536.jpg]
(06-01-2020, 11:36 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Been slow going, because of weather and a family emergency, but making some headway on it. Got the seat risers covered and looking at getting the motor cover done next, hopefully finished by the end of next week.

That looks great, you do great work.
Thanks, it's going to look good when I get it done.
Finally got one seat pedestal done and mounted today.
[Image: KIMG0549.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0547.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0548.jpg]
(06-11-2020, 08:10 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Finally got one seat pedestal done and mounted today.
Looks great. I had a boat like that, that had the lounge seats in it, when I pulled them out, I just put one swlvel seat back in, on each side. Mine was 16', had a windshield and a steering wheel but not enough room with those lounge seats.
Yea, it's gonna be nice win it's done. The open bow helps with a little extra room, but usually on a couple of us in it, and if we troll, I just drive and don't fish. The other side will have the seats done tomorrow and hopefully most of the motor cover done too.
Was a long day, but got rest of the seats in and the motor cover done. I'll get it started on Monday and put it in the lake on Wednesday. Recover the floor on a later date.
[Image: KIMG0552.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0551.jpg]
So what is that part above the cup holders, it kind of looks like another seat? Undecided
It's just the top of the motor cover, you can sit on it, it was padded before, I just replicated it without the padding.
(06-13-2020, 05:51 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: It's just the top of the motor cover, you can sit on it, it was padded before, I just replicated it without the padding.

Oh, I thought the whole thing was the motor cover, so that top piece comes off, for access to the motor?
Yes, the bottom half is part of the boat and the top half comes off for motor access.