Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokanee
It was my wife's turn to go fishing today, need to get her out of the house she sets in there with her mask on.
We had these by 8AM
[Image: 5-12-2020.jpg]

I may post to much I think some like my post, and others don't belive what I tell them.
using 4 downriggers was down 33 to 40 feet.   speed 1.6 to 1.8 but did catch 2 going .9 mph before I could get everthing set up
my set backs from the ball  are short 30 feet is the  longest one.
with my fishfinder I can see fish live that are 20 feet in front of the boat. I watch then come under the boat and go to the downrigger ball and some stay there. for a min. are two.  
some fish that were at 25 feet when they would get close to the cable they would go down.
was seeing fish at 20 feet some I think were chubs others did not know.
some would be under the boat then go down to the ball then go back up.  so put two downriggers up to 20 feet and caught 2 7" rainbows
the fish down 60 feet never did come up I think they were cuts.
fun day and fast.
Personally I really enjoy reading your posts. I have learned a lot of tricks for the down riggers that I picked up this spring that has helped put the fish in the boat. Also your knoledge on setting up the dodgers and squids has helped a ton. Thank you.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I enjoy your posts so keep the coming.
What lake were you fishing?
Robert, keep the posts and pictures of your fish coming. 

Thanks, BSF
I always appreciate your clear and informative posts.  I have a goal this year to catch a kokanee.  I think i'm closing in a little.
Keep posting, I for one, enjoy reading your  reports.
Thanks Robert, I have learned so much, you have helped me up my kokanee game considerably over the last several seasons. I really appreciate the screen shots, there is a lot of great information in them. Kokanee fishing is a scientific method that you are mastering and bringing many of us along by sharing the details that put more fish in the boat
Keep posting all good info, helps with decisions on where, and what  IMO so thank you. 
you at Soldier again yesterday
Quote: 

I love the posts! Keep them coming. I will eventually be able to break away and get up there soon. Until then, I live vicariously through these types of posts. I hope to see you on the water this year.