Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sneak attack at Lindon 5-14-20
Saw a brief tubeable window in the weather for this morning.  And had to deliver a new rod to MSM1970.  So I hit Lindon early and met Mikey at noon.  It all came together jes fine.

Launched at 6:30 to cloudy skies and calm conditions.  Air temp just under 50 and water temp 62...warming to 65 by 11:30 departure.  Surprised there was a bit of green in the water...not all chocolate after the winds.  And just as I was leaving the harbor a fresh batch of westerlies kicked in and made it bumpy for awhile.  See the sonar pic with the wavy lines from my tube bouncing up and down.

Motored out of the harbor quickly.  Noticed more fish on sonar than the last couple of times but didn't stop to fish until I reached the rocks at the outside of the channel.  A few casts got no love from white bass...or anything else...so I moved on.  Just as I was leaving a bank tangler went bendo and brought in a small cat...dragging it unceremoniously up over the rocks.  Finesse, all the way.

Started flinging plastics out off the Battle Creek inlet...trying to score some white bass for bait.  I didn't get in as close as I probably should have and was rewarded accordingly...with zero.  Hokay...fire up the big motor (40# thrust electric) and head for the waste water treatment inlet.  Gotta be some whities in there.  Yep.  There was.  Lots of them.  And they hit anything with white, chartreuse, red, pink or black in it.  Pretty particular.  Probably caught about 50...keeping about a dozen for bait.  Then a couple of boats moved in and dropped anchor right on top of where I had been casting.  Their explanation?  "This is where we always fish."

Started a long slow bait-dragging trip back towards the harbor.  Saw little on sonar and didn't get any bites until just after the water temp bounced over 63.  Then it was fairly regular munches for the next hour and a half...and time to go meet Mikey.  Caught cats on LHBE minnows dragged on just a bait hook.  Also caught them on spinner rigged fligs adorned with newly acquired white bass flesh. 

At one point I got a double.  My flig rig took a dive and I was into a medium sized kitty.  While rasslin' it toward the tube, the line popped loose from the bait rig clip and line went streaming out the open bail.   I put the flig rig in the rod holder while I set the hook on the bait muncher.  Then I loosened the drag on the bait rig, put it in a rod holder and finished battling in the first fish.  Got it to Smile for the camera, released it and then rejoined the battle with the critter on the second rod.  It was my biggest of the day...at 27 inches...and had just about emptied my reel spool.   After a lot of cranking and pumping I put it on my bump board, took it's picture and sent it back into the lake. 

No contest bumpers today.  Besides the 27 incher I got a 26 and a couple of 2-footers.  Rough count was about 9 cats total.  Not my best day ever but beats sheltering in place or working on a honey-do list at home.  And I drove into the Maverik parking lot about 10 seconds ahead of Mike.

Okay.  I have about had it with this new format.  Now I can't add pictures without creating a new account.
Thanks agin Pat for the rod, got weird looks at work when I say I want to go home and play with it, I love it, cant wait to put 10+ lbs eye on the end of it Big Grin
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Mods, what is going on here?  Picture issues for TubeDude, screen just goes blank while I am typing this, super slow to load.

Can we go back to the old forum?
I get the message "Waiting for TLS handshake" while the page is trying to load. I have timed it as taking up to 60 seconds or more for a page to load - either to the initial page coming from elsewhere on the 'net or to anywhere here once the inital page finally loads.
(05-14-2020, 09:21 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Saw a brief tubeable window in the weather for this morning.  And had to deliver a new rod to MSM1970.  So I hit Lindon early and met Mikey at noon.  It all came together jes fine.

Launched at 6:30 to cloudy skies and calm conditions.  Air temp just under 50 and water temp 62...warming to 65 by 11:30 departure.  Surprised there was a bit of green in the water...not all chocolate after the winds.  And just as I was leaving the harbor a fresh batch of westerlies kicked in and made it bumpy for awhile.  See the sonar pic with the wavy lines from my tube bouncing up and down.

Motored out of the harbor quickly.  Noticed more fish on sonar than the last couple of times but didn't stop to fish until I reached the rocks at the outside of the channel.  A few casts got no love from white bass...or anything else...so I moved on.  Just as I was leaving a bank tangler went bendo and brought in a small cat...dragging it unceremoniously up over the rocks.  Finesse, all the way.

Started flinging plastics out off the Battle Creek inlet...trying to score some white bass for bait.  I didn't get in as close as I probably should have and was rewarded accordingly...with zero.  Hokay...fire up the big motor (40# thrust electric) and head for the waste water treatment inlet.  Gotta be some whities in there.  Yep.  There was.  Lots of them.  And they hit anything with white, chartreuse, red, pink or black in it.  Pretty particular.  Probably caught about 50...keeping about a dozen for bait.  Then a couple of boats moved in and dropped anchor right on top of where I had been casting.  Their explanation?  "This is where we always fish."

Started a long slow bait-dragging trip back towards the harbor.  Saw little on sonar and didn't get any bites until just after the water temp bounced over 63.  Then it was fairly regular munches for the next hour and a half...and time to go meet Mikey.  Caught cats on LHBE minnows dragged on just a bait hook.  Also caught them on spinner rigged fligs adorned with newly acquired white bass flesh. 

At one point I got a double.  My flig rig took a dive and I was into a medium sized kitty.  While rasslin' it toward the tube, the line popped loose from the bait rig clip and line went streaming out the open bail.   I put the flig rig in the rod holder while I set the hook on the bait muncher.  Then I loosened the drag on the bait rig, put it in a rod holder and finished battling in the first fish.  Got it to Smile for the camera, released it and then rejoined the battle with the critter on the second rod.  It was my biggest of the day...at 27 inches...and had just about emptied my reel spool.   After a lot of cranking and pumping I put it on my bump board, took it's picture and sent it back into the lake. 

No contest bumpers today.  Besides the 27 incher I got a 26 and a couple of 2-footers.  Rough count was about 9 cats total.  Not my best day ever but beats sheltering in place or working on a honey-do list at home.  And I drove into the Maverik parking lot about 10 seconds ahead of Mike.

Okay.  I have about had it with this new format.  Now I can't add pictures without creating a new account.
Wow It looks like I can load some pics...if I can wait out the time it takes for each one.  This is all I could get the system to take.  Had a couple more goodies but they would not load.  Oh well, count my limited blessings.
[Image: BANK-TANGLER-BENDO.jpg]
[Image: LOVELY-DAY-IN-MAY.jpg] [Image: WASTE-WATER-INFLOW.jpg] [Image: FIRE-TIGER-FLIGGER.jpg] [Image: CHUNKY-GOLDEN-MAMA.jpg] 100 [Image: SLEEK-27.jpg] sided die roll
(05-15-2020, 03:09 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Mods, what is going on here?  Picture issues for TubeDude, screen just goes blank while I am typing this, super slow to load.

I wonder ... IF this is the BFT Forum doing "Social Distancing" - it certainly seems to be working.  And would it be considered the RED or ORANGE  level ?
(05-16-2020, 06:31 PM)Fishhound Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 03:09 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Mods, what is going on here?  Picture issues for TubeDude, screen just goes blank while I am typing this, super slow to load.

I wonder ... IF this is the BFT Forum doing "Social Distancing" - it certainly seems to be working.  And would it be considered the RED or ORANGE  level ?
I kinda like fire tiger.