Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield - First time this year
A buddy and I fished Scofield today in our kick boats.  We launched over on the west side walk-in-access area at about 9:15 and fished until 3:15.
We used both medium and fast sinking lines and size 8 bead head buggers in brown/orange, black/orange, tan/green, and plain old black.  We had the best luck fishing in 6' - 18' FOW with most of the fish taking the fly while stripping the line in.  We picked up a mix of tiger trout, rainbows, cutthroats, and the lowly chubs.  The majority of the fish were cutthroats in the 13" - 15" range.  We did not catch any fish over 16" today.

The water temperature was 49-53 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 2'-3'.  The reservoir is 88% full and rising.  The reservoir is 11' higher this year compared to last year at this time.
There were a half dozen boats and several shore fishermen on the reservoir.

It should be a good year for the fish and the fishing at Scofield.

Great report! The fish look healthy. Did you target the tigers any differently than the cutts? Any bows?
(05-15-2020, 02:14 AM)Riffle Wrote: Great report! The fish look healthy. Did you target the tigers any differently than the cutts? Any bows?

Thanks. Most of the fish are in good shape but there were a few on the skinny side too.

I used the same method for the tigers as the cutts.  They both like to chase things and that was why we were able to do well with the cast, sink, & strip method.  The water was somewhat cloudy so stripping was able to get their attention.

We only caught three tigers and three rainbows, the rest were cuttroats and chubs.  I only caught four tiger trout all of last year at Scofield so I'm encouraged about their future.
Great report and pictures!  Thanks for the update
Looks like fun!

Thanks for the report and pics.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
Thanks for the great report.
Alright! Lots of action and a nice mixed bag.

Thanks for the report and pics.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring