Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accidental Bass at Jordanelle
Took two of my kids up to Jordanelle yesterday trying out hand at Kokanee fishing. I have a tiny boat, so figured we'd rig up on the dock since it wasn't busy. Had one reel that needed an extra loop removed so I tossed out the jig we had on from our white bass outing. I got to the loop and it was more knotted than I wanted to deal with so cut the line and handed off the rod to my kid to start rigging with Kokanee gear. Started to pull in the line by hand that had been tossed out and it was heavy, then it started to shake. I did get the jig to the surface, attached to a large beauty of a bass. The line broke off shortly after. I wasn't intentionally fishing from the dock but it was the only fish of the day. 

no luck on Kokanee, just a bunch of tangled lines. Water was 50-52* and calm. Couldn't have had better water conditions for venturing out in a tin can.
At least it wasn't a total skunk. I was planning on going there yesterday but decided on Echo instead. We didn't do any good either. Found the fish, put the riggers right at that depth but they didn't want to play. Ended up close to the inlet fishing crawlers and caught a couple of suckers. That was it.
Yeah slow day for sure, at least you guys caught some as well. We might try Willard or Pineview today for some pan fish.