Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Kokanee report
Ran up to Jordanelle recently in the last couple days, Decided at the last minute to take the wife to fish for Kokanee for few hours and the Dog to swim a bit. Had to get away for a while. Broke all the rules. It was well worth it. The best day yet this year. Had first fish on in less than five minutes, it was a double. Had 4 doubles, one triple in about an hour and a half. Biggest just under 19", very nice for this early. Long line released a couple as I was clearing the net, kept 7, let one little one go, I was sure we would pick up another on the way to shore for the dog to swim. Of course then it slowed for a few minutes. I had told the wife and dog that it was time to swim, they both overide me. So we let the dog swim, retrieve and then [Image: Kokes-Jordanells-at-C-Station-5-18-20.jpg] [Image: IMG-0083-1-Kokes-PM-Jord-5-18-20.jpg] headed home. Great trip for just a few hours away from the valley.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Well done. Thanks for sharing.
Quality fish, and a great day on the water for you to, going to have to hit that lake soon
(05-18-2020, 03:32 PM)Mildog Wrote: Ran up to Jordanelle recently in the last couple days, Decided at the last minute to take the wife to fish for Kokanee for few hours and the Dog to swim a bit. Had to get away for a while. Broke all the rules. It was well worth it. The best day yet this year. Had first fish on in less than five minutes, it was a double. Had 4 doubles, one triple in about an hour and a half. Biggest just under 19", very nice for this early. Long line released a couple as I was clearing the net, kept 7, let one little one go, I was sure we would pick up another on the way to shore for the dog to swim. Of course then it slowed for a few minutes. I had told the wife and dog that it was time to swim, they both overide me. So we let the dog swim, retrieve and then [Image: Kokes-Jordanells-at-C-Station-5-18-20.jpg] [Image: IMG-0083-1-Kokes-PM-Jord-5-18-20.jpg] headed home. Great trip for just a few hours away from the valley.

Great report and a 19 incher this early in the season means there will be some this year that get up to 20" or bigger, awesome. What color worked best for you?
You can catch them on a lot of colors. For me color doesn't matter as long as its Pink LOl and you are where the fish are. Cool 
Yes they may hit 20" Size Plus this year with a few months of prime time to grow. Last year 19 1/2 was biggest for me up there and that was about August time frame.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life