Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaston Lake, Littleton.
Big Grin 
This has a great boat ramp and plenty of parking. I can only assume they use it for tournaments. This is one huge beautiful lake. many sheltered inlets to get out of the wind in as well. water is clean, GO FIGURE NC, LOL  I did find one short in a back cove. Some much water to try out, I'll take the wife for a ride next week to scout it out. Wish I had a chip for the chart plotter.  Confused  Islands to fish around as well. If you haven't tried this lake yet, DO IT.   Till next time
Thanks for the report on the new lake, sounds really nice, is it far from home?
I finally got away again to visit Gaston. After an hour drive for me , I forgot it was a holiday today. Happens when your retired. LOL Caught one more dink again here and just headed home when the noise started. Next week I'll be back in the swamps as the river is down now.
Glad you were able to get out again Gregg, too bad the catching wasn't any better. Hopefully your home waters will treat you better next week. I know what you mean about being retired and having to deal with those holiday crowds. We went out yesterday and although it wasn't bad it seems like a lot more people out now, during the week. 
Are you growing a garden this year at your new place?
(07-03-2020, 06:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Glad you were able to get out again Gregg, too bad the catching wasn't any better. Hopefully your home waters will treat you better next week. I know what you mean about being retired and having to deal with those holiday crowds. We went out yesterday and although it wasn't bad it seems like a lot more people out now, during the week. 
Are you growing a garden this year at your new place?
Of course we do. Garlic was a new crop and came out great. Going to double it next year. C;lose to 100 ft of green beans as well as pole. My butternut squash near the house had a vine borer in three vines.  Sad But a new addition of a pumpkin like winter squash seems to be doing well in back garden. Tried Cherokee Tomatoes and am not happy with them. Ugly as all sin.  Wink I finally figured out for parsnips I have to plant them in Feb. Cukes doing very well, but nobody wants them. Maybe just one hill next year. We are now getting 108 heat index here for at least the next 8 days so fishing is out of the question for me. Need a cold front but then the bass will be locked jawed. Can't win yet. Hope all is well with everyone up north.