Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5/21/20
Got out to Willard this morning, launching a little after 7:30 am from the South marina. After testing a few new improvements I started fishing at 8am. Started marking a lot of fish and before long I had the first fish in the boat, a feisty 21" cat, alright, got the skunk off. Heading North and within a 1/4 mile I caught my second fish, a chunky 18" eye. I kept working that area for the rest of the day picking up three more eyes, the largest being 21". I was averaging one per hour and thought I'd break that streak as I was heading back toward the marina. Had a nice wiper on until just before the net, when it decided it had other plans and spit the hook. Oh well, it was still a nice day, with little to no wind, water temp was 61 degrees at launch time and got up to almost 65 just before I left at 1pm. I was using lead core line trolling at 1.5 mph with worm harnesses, today the fish liked TD's Pale Perch blades the best, no luck with other colors or using cranks. With all the[Image: 100-3268.jpg] wind we have been having, the water was stained even more than last week.

[Image: 100-3271.jpg]

[Image: 100-3270.jpg]

[Image: 100-3274.jpg]
Wow, looks like a pretty good day. Some nice eyes there.
Nice work.  Did you have to use the glow blades in the off-color water?
(05-22-2020, 11:06 AM)TubeDude Wrote: Nice work.  Did you have to use the glow blades in the off-color water?
Yes, I'm pretty sure it was the glow blades I got from you last year or earlier this year. I had you hand paint a few that I gave you from the blades I already had in different colors. These were different from the ones you did for Ira. I started off with the Fire Tiger on one rod and Pale Perch on the other and Pale Perch was the only thing that caught fish.
Nice job for sure. Those pale perch fligs catch bout everything. I just put blades on some of mine. Cant wait to try them out. On a different note
Im glad the forum is running good again and thank you for keeping us informed. I will try to keep from whining to you so muck now. lol
Nicely done!
So you went solo, no Ira.
Curt, looks like some good fish tacos in your future.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(05-22-2020, 02:54 PM)lee! Wrote: Nice job for sure. Those pale perch fligs catch bout everything. I just put blades on some of mine. Cant wait to try them out. On a different note
Im glad the forum is running good again and thank you for keeping us informed. I will try to keep from whining to you so muck now. lol
I wasn't using fligs, just worm harnesses with the blades TD painted for me. The tire tiger blades were doing much better until just recently when the water started to get stained.
(05-22-2020, 04:12 PM)BSF Wrote: Nicely done!
So you went solo, no Ira.
Yes, Solo, Ira backed out on me the night before because of concerns of high winds on Thurs. Because I wanted to check out some new stuff I added to my boat, I went ahead and went, thinking that I'd get there and not be able to leave the harbor but I figured that was OK because I really wanted to check out the new improvements. I did not want to ask anyone else to go because of the high wind prediction and figured it might be a waste of time for anyone that wanted to fish but as I said, it turned out to be a great day.