Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
Was wondering how the fishing was at Pineview, might give it a try this weekend.
Fishing the flooded weeds near shore has been real productive for large numbers of small fish during a few trips this last week. No bragging rights, but a party for my youngsters. Small jig/plastic or hook with a piece a crawler or cut bait 2 foot below a bobber is all we used. We tried a few areas -location on the lake didn’t seem important as long as you found weeds.
I was there a week ago. I caught no muskie, but I did see someone catch a muskie. That was it!
Nice, have to give it a try if I get some time to.
My wife, daughter, and I had similar luck fishing the flooded areas near shore as EyLayo stated. We were using small crappie tube jigs and color didn't seem to matter ( blue/white, chartreuse/dark green, yellow/green). We were tipping with perch meat. We caught black crappie, perch, and bass all out of the same 40' of shoreline.

We were in Kayaks, not sure your preferred mode of fishing.
(05-26-2020, 03:32 PM)JArner Wrote: My wife, daughter, and I had similar luck fishing the flooded areas near shore as EyLayo stated. We were using small crappie tube jigs and color didn't seem to matter ( blue/white, chartreuse/dark green, yellow/green). We were tipping with perch meat. We caught black crappie, perch, and bass all out of the same 40' of shoreline.

We were in Kayaks, not sure your preferred mode of fishing.
Nice, sounds like the fish are really getting active there. Any size to the crappie? Did they charge for you to launch and if so, how much?
Not much size to the crappie where we were at, I did see some others reporting larger fish. We put in at Anderson Cove and had to pay the $18 day use fee. We could use the ramp if we wanted but had to park in the day use spots. We ended up carrying them down to the beach instead of launching at the ramp.
Thanks for all of the great info. Sadly I didn't get a chance to get up there, heard it was very pretty. I'll have to put it on my list of lakes that I want to fish and get up there some day.