Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm back … but with a lot of changes …
Yup, I just couldn't stay away from BFT Utah.  My first attempts to get logged into the new format failed (had me named as someone else).  But today I was able to successfully get in. I recently (6 months ago) moved to the Pacific Northwest (PNW). I now live just 5 miles from the Canadian border and 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean.  I moved up here to be closer to my daughter and her family who live just over the border in British Columbia Canada.  Been kind of a bummer that I moved up here to be with them and the border has been closed for a couple months now due to COVID-19.

Another big change; last week I sold my boat to a fellow from Millville (in the picture).  Not only did I sell my boat but I also sold all of my tackle and rods for Bear Lake, Pineview, Willard, and most of my Strawberry stuff.  Sold it to him all in one big package. 

[Image: New-Owner-Lyle.jpg]

I did keep my favorite Strawberry jigging rods, some mack jigging rods, a couple of Bear Lake whitefish rods and a chubbing rod.  Filled an entire utility trailer and part of my truck to take it all back to Utah as part of the boat and tackle package.

So if you see my old Gregor boat out on Bear Lake, motor over and tell the owner "Hi" for me will ya?

Once the airlines open back up and are reasonably safe from the pandemic, I plan to make many trips back to Utah to fish with my dear fishing buddies.  And if you think you might have space in YOUR boat, I'd love to join you sometime.

--- Coot ---
I find that interesting, I'm in Portland right now, so I don't know for sure but, I would just guess they have some fish in Washington... maybe in the pacific ocean you might find a few..
British Columbia is beautiful, I lived there 20 yards ago for a spell. Did some shore fishing for Ling cod while I was there
Ralph, give me a shout when you have a trip planned to Utah. Who knows, I might finally get you talked into fishing for sturgeon.
been thinking  a lot about you. every time I catch a cutthroat.  sure glad you checked in.
and thanks for helping me learn how to catch fish.  we do not fish the same way, but I still learned a lot from your post.
So nice to have you back Ralph, glad you were able to get on, that's most of the battle for sure! That a beautiful area up there!

I'm sure if you let us know when your back in Utah for a visit, you'll have many who'd love to have you join them, benefit to both for sure. Just give a one of us shout.
Ralph, thanks for posting a note about what you’re up to. I was thinking about you the other day when I was going through some of my old fishing articles and notes, and I came across some information that you had written about fishing Willard and what you use. Also found a PM from you I had printed out about the rods, reels, line, and jigs you use when jigging for lake trout.
Brian
Hey Ralph glad you’re back with us. Hope you’ll share some of the tails from your fishing up there and if you can’t get in a good boat you’re always welcome to come slum with me while you’re down. See you then. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Ralph, wondered why I hadn't seen anything of you here on the site.  And not seeing that Gregor anywhere had me worried.  But as long as you are healthy, and where you WANT to be, then all is well.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Good to hear from you ol' buddy.  Sounds like you are settling in and learnin' the "localology".  Hope you find some piscatorial pursuits that provide plenty of enjoys.  Having experienced that general area myself I have no doubt there is enough to keep you well occupied.

We still owe each other another trip for Bear Lake Whities.  Maybe we can talk Scott into a 3-way this December.  But if we are still wearing masks we may have trouble keeping track of each other.
(05-24-2020, 02:22 AM)Old_Coot Wrote: Yup, I just couldn't stay away from BFT Utah.  My first attempts to get logged into the new format failed (had me named as someone else).  But today I was able to successfully get in. I recently (6 months ago) moved to the Pacific Northwest (PNW). I now live just 5 miles from the Canadian border and 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean.  I moved up here to be closer to my daughter and her family who live just over the border in British Columbia Canada.  Been kind of a bummer that I moved up here to be with them and the border has been closed for a couple months now due to COVID-19.

Another big change; last week I sold my boat to a fellow from Millville (in the picture).  Not only did I sell my boat but I also sold all of my tackle and rods for Bear Lake, Pineview, Willard, and most of my Strawberry stuff.  Sold it to him all in one big package. 

[Image: New-Owner-Lyle.jpg]

I did keep my favorite Strawberry jigging rods, some mack jigging rods, a couple of Bear Lake whitefish rods and a chubbing rod.  Filled an entire utility trailer and part of my truck to take it all back to Utah as part of the boat and tackle package.

So if you see my old Gregor boat out on Bear Lake, motor over and tell the owner "Hi" for me will ya?

Once the airlines open back up and are reasonably safe from the pandemic, I plan to make many trips back to Utah to fish with my dear fishing buddies.  And if you think you might have space in YOUR boat, I'd love to join you sometime.

--- Coot ---
You are welcome in my old Crestliner any time Ralph.
Nice to see one of the "old" BFT members post a hello and a update as to their doings. And nice  to see some of  the members still here that are as welcoming as they are.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Sorry to read you sold your boat Ralph, I guess you did not find any happy fishing locations at your new location, that's too bad. That's long drive back here, just to sell a boat. You are always welcome to fish with me, on your next trip back. By the way, how is that new job treating you?
Good to hear from you. Hope things are going well and hope to see you sometime when your down.

Stay safe friend.

fnf
Sounds like you have some saltwater angling ahead of you. If not the Yakima River is a good bet. I caught a few fish out of there my self years and years ago. Good to hear from you Ralph!
It's good to see you on here again Coot! I still appreciate you taking time to teach me how to chase wipers at Willard.  I'm also still kicking myself for not finding a way to make it out to Strawberry with you and LuvThemCuts (Curtis) for your record day jigging for Cuts.  I hope things calm down soon on the border so that you can spend more time with your daughter.  All the best to you in your new adventures!
(05-24-2020, 02:22 AM)Old_Coot Wrote: Ralph,
You will always have a place reserved in my boat on Bear Lake.  Just found out you left Utah.  I'll be out there catching whitefish this week.  Hope Terry will still visit Bear Lake?  If you're down this way and want to go out, just let me know.  I think you still have my cell phone number? 
Scott (BearLakeFishGuy)
So didn't Ralph make it back on the system after the first post? I haven't seen anything else from him since this post... Maybe too much to do up there to have time to post... Going to miss him during the whitefish fun for sure... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(12-02-2020, 01:09 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: So didn't Ralph make it back on the system after the first post?  I haven't seen anything else from him since this post... Maybe too much to do up there to have time to post...  Going to miss him during the whitefish fun for sure... Later J
Jeff, he is likely busy, you can click on any members username and see the last time they were on BFT:

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/member.p...le&uid=451

Looks like Ralph was on here just a few weeks ago. When I last spoke with him, he said he was planning on being here this month for the whitefish run but it could be he changed that plan.
Hey friends, I loved reading your replies.  I'm happy to tell you that the fellow that I sold my boat to has invited me to join him in my old Gregor for some whitefish fishing on Friday.  I'm here in Utah with my wife while she gets here cancer treatment.  The weather looks to be awfully darn cold Friday but sunny ... Sounds like a fantastic day for whitefish fishing.  If you are up there on the lake on Friday, motor over and say hi.  I miss you guys.