Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing with kids
I have two four year old grandkids I want to take fishing. They love to cast and reel, cast and reel, so I was thinking I need to take them somewhere I can put on a small lure and let them fling away. I've never really fished for white bass, but for those in the know, would that be a good species to target and if so, what lures would they take? And I'm obviously not looking for someone's honey hole, if there is such a thing with white bass, but where would be a good general area to try? Or would there be a better place to take kids who love to cast, with no patience to sit and wait. Mantua? TIA.
Utah Lake !! They can catch White bass on small jigs and spinners. Mouth of Provo River, if you have a boat, mouth of AF river, Sewer plant discharge, Battle creek, mouth of Spanish Fork river, any where there is water flowing into the lake !!! You can also fish for carp, not as fast an action, but the reward per fish is bigger!!
Thank you for the reply. I haven't been able to get them out yet, but tomorrow is the day. Hopefully Utah Lake will still be good for white bass.