Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Kokanee reports 5 18 - 5-25
Fished Jordanelle 4 times from the 16 to the 25th. 24 kokes total and one close to 6 pound brown trout that's still swimming. Lots more Kokes hooked but lost Ughhh!! It seems to run in cycles sometimes we get them all in or at least the majority of the hookups, then the gremlins hit and we lose a few that's Koke fishing. Limited with 2 fisherman on Monday the 16th. Used the standard set up I do well with, silver flash dodgers or variations of that with pink squid. The largest was almost 19" the rest were 16 to 18 with one small one that was hooked bad and I don't like to release any Kokes unless they are lightly hooked and its in cold water, often they don't do well when released. Ran up again on the 21st, we limited with 2 anglers, had 3 triples and a double lost 2 out of the 3 on each triple RGHHHH! Maybe the best day yet, lost more than we landed but did get our limit. My older sister wanted to catch a Kokanee, so I ran back up the next day. We should have turned around and headed home when we got there. I think hurricane Utah was blowing in, I ventured out because I had promised to take her fishing. Waves were so big I had to troll with my large engine to control direction and try to control speed, waves were breaking over the nose at a few points in time.  She hooked 3 landed 2 called it a day after a couple hours of trying to fish and fight the bad conditions. She was very excited to catch her first Kokanee and have some fresh fish for dinners.
She had no idea how tough the conditions were, but it was worth it to see her Smile and have fun getting a couple fish.
Took the wife to fish and the dog to swim on Memorial day, it was not as crowded as I expected. We hooked 7 and landed 6 in a couple hours had 5 in under an hour, but getting the last couple didn't happen before it was time to swim the dog and head home. I [Image: Kokes-Jordanells-at-C-Station-5-18-20.jpg]

[Image: Memorial-5-25-20-less-2-giveaways.jpg][Image: IMG-6259.jpg]

[Image: IMG-6310.jpg]

[Image: Jordanelle-Brown-May-21-20.jpg]gave a couple away to a fellow, I have met up there a couple times, he had not caught any and I was happy for him to have some fish for a dinner.

Looks like another good year in store at Jordanelle.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
[Image: qbEWT5J.jpg]
Very nice report.  That Brown is a toad!    Nice kokes too.
"gave a couple away to a fellow, I have met up there a couple times, he had not caught any and I was happy for him to have some fish for a dinner."  Hope you didn't violate any rules about not "gifting" fish on the water.

Would that "older sister" be Mary?  Say hi.  Haven't seen her since one of our "Gorilla Floatilla" nights at Willard.

Great report.  Beautiful brown.
(05-27-2020, 10:51 AM)TubeDude Wrote: "gave a couple away to a fellow, I have met up there a couple times, he had not caught any and I was happy for him to have some fish for a dinner."  Hope you didn't violate any rules about not "gifting" fish on the water.

Would that "older sister" be Mary?  Say hi.  Haven't seen her since one of our "Gorilla Floatilla" nights at Willard.

Great report.  Beautiful brown.

He actually caught them. I may or may not have tossed them to him at the cleaning station. Nope Sister Kathy, sister Mary is an accomplished Koke fisher. I call her a Koke addict LOL
Mildog out
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life