Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad news (no, nobody died, but...
Ice_sled has sold his house and will soon be moving to Texas to be closer to family. We'll sure miss him. He has been a force to reckon with in the catfish contest and he will be sorely missed. So long Ben and best of luck in your new adventure.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

His user name must be immortalized.

Now, how is Ice_sled and Texas going to work together? If Texas ever had enough ice for a sled it would be well into the next ice age. LOL
Indeed, he will be missed. I have always enjoyed talking with him and fishing with him. He knows his stuff when it comes to cats. I think he is looking forward to those bigger cats they have in Texas -- Blues? or flatheads?, whatever. He is a die-hard catter and I wish him the best in his new home. I look forward to a few pics when he gets settled into his new area.

Thanks Ben, You're a good man.

Lynn
I knew he was planning on moving, but still a big loss for the forum.  I wish him the best of luck on his new adventures.  That is a big hole to fill for the southern team on the cat contest.  I only met him once but he was very kind and gracious. 

Go catch some Texas toads and enjoy your retirement!

Paul
Sorry for the news of losing one our greats but great news for him as it has opened up new doors and opportunities. Best of luck Ben in Texas and keep them cats a comin'
(05-27-2020, 05:22 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: His user name must be immortalized. 

Now, how is Ice_sled and Texas going to work together?  If Texas ever had enough ice for a sled it would be well into the next ice age.  LOL
He generously gave me his ice sled and it worked great for ice fishing this year. I'm sure he'll stay in touch and make us all jealous with the bigguns he'll catch down there.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Hey Ben, it has been my pleasure to have made your acquaintance... had we lived closer up here I would have loved to spent more time fishing with you, you have been a great friend and I hope just cause you move, won't mean you don't keep in touch on the forum. Thanks for all you have added to the forum over the years and best of luck in a well deserved retirement... Be safe and have fun... best of luck... Jeff

Oh and those hush puppies are still the best I've ever had in this part of the country... thanks for the recipe, but I can't make them like you, not even close... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!