Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cookie is back at it - Pineview Report
Well for Cookie's first trip back out after the stroke, we opted to go to Pineview and chase some shallow panfish up in the weeds.

Got there about 8 and only hung out for a hour or so - stepping back into it easy to test her endurance.

Bluegills and Perch were willing to play.

Found them Shallow right in the weeds back in the bays - hiding from predators I would guess. Just look for the pelicans they will show you where. 1-8 ft deep. Bobber with 1/16 jig head (yellow and white jig heads for us today). Plastics was small split tail brown and a small single tail white. Tipped with small piece of a night crawler . After a while we just pulled the plastic right off and just used the worm. Slight action helped bring the bite. Got bigger ones slow reeling on through the grass. Good times. her endurance held up so we will step back into the cat fish contest ring and give that a go.

see ya out there

Here is the video of her first run post stroke - good times.

https://youtu.be/UYdwwHxHXig

[Image: 20200527-082146.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Cookie, it's good to see you up and about and out there. That looked like a lot of fun. Good luck in all your endeavors!
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Cookie, glad to hear and see you back at it. Don't push too hard. Hot weather coming, stay hydrated best as you can.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Great video, and glad to see your out and about.
(05-28-2020, 11:38 AM)Tin-Can Wrote: Cookie, glad to hear and see you back at it. Don't push too hard. Hot weather coming, stay hydrated best as you can.

Man you are right about them temps. Got parched just doing the honey-dos today. If we hit the river in the morning it will only be for a few hrs or I will bake the brains right out of this bald head.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew