Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 5-27-2020
Made the loner trip with my dog. We are both in training for compatibility in the boat. This trip was his 2nd being the 1st this year. He has been doing well finding his own spots on the boat and whenever a fish is caught and brought into the boat he displays an excitement.
I fished the Strawberry side out on the main body keeping away from the rodeo that occurs with kokanee fishing. Surface water temp was 50° when I started and hit 52° at the end of my day. I marked a lot fish within the top 10-20' of the water column. My first fish was a scrawny little cutt, after a while I finally dialed in on the kokes with a few other scrawny tweener cutts. The cutts weren't looking good at all compared to the past. However, the kokes seemed very feisty in the 16-18" range I was catching with one weighing in more than 2lbs. When hooked they would do the usually acrobatic top water tail dance but rod bending seemed more intense with line stripping from the reel than what it has been before. This got the oil press up to operational excitement levels. Lost a few at the back of the boat and a couple at the net. My dog would get up with excitement when I would pick up the rod with a fish on. Got off the water about noonish with my limit.  Cool

[Image: Stawberry-5-27-2020.jpg]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Thanks for the report!
(05-28-2020, 02:17 PM)Bduck Wrote: Made the loner trip with my dog. We are both in training for compatibility in the boat. This trip was his 2nd being the 1st this year. He has been doing well finding his own spots on the boat and whenever a fish is caught and brought into the boat he displays an excitement.
I fished the Strawberry side out on the main body keeping away from the rodeo that occurs with kokanee fishing. Surface water temp was 50° when I started and hit 52° at the end of my day. I marked a lot fish within the top 10-20' of the water column. My first fish was a scrawny little cutt, after a while I finally dialed in on the kokes with a few other scrawny tweener cutts. The cutts weren't looking good at all compared to the past. However, the kokes seemed very feisty in the 16-18" range I was catching with one weighing in more than 2lbs. When hooked they would do the usually acrobatic top water tail dance but rod bending seemed more intense with line stripping from the reel than what it has been before. This got the oil press up to operational excitement levels. Lost a few at the back of the boat and a couple at the net. My dog would get up with excitement when I would pick up the rod with a fish on. Got off the water about noonish with my limit.  Cool

[Image: Stawberry-5-27-2020.jpg]

Great work, Good Report. Its always fun to fish with your dog. Taking the dog and  my wife up to the Berry camping and Koke fishing tomorrow for a couple days to give Jordanelle a break and get away from the heat!
Mildog out
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
So do they have the fish cleaning station running?? and the rest rooms open??
Can't see why cleaning a Spokane and leaving the skin on can't make them happy.
The restroom at the launch was open but don't know if cleaning station is. Guys were coming in with fish but didn't see one soul at the cleaning station. I fillet my fish at the Gorge leaving the skin on, at the Berry I leave them on ice till I get home and fillet them in the kitchen. I then freeze the remains and on trash pickup day throw them away. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(05-28-2020, 03:07 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: So do they have the fish cleaning station running?? and the rest rooms open??
Can't see why cleaning a Spokane and leaving the skin on can't make them happy.

Restroom is open, cleaning station is not.
I love a jumping spring kokanee!
Sounds like a great day Roger, well done