Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First of the season
Headed out from LB Tuesday 26th for our first catfish trip this season.

I had about given up with the State DMV trying to get the title and registration taken care of, thus the late start.

We got a late start but had a good day. Vi caught the first two, take home size. Then I hooked up with a 29" then backed it up with a 30". Made my day.  We ended the day with Vi catching three, me catching six.

Ya sure can tell when ya got a good one on.

We went out again today 28th. We began to think we were going to get skunked then Vi started catching while I watched and attended to her needs. I finally caught 1 WB, a Bullhead and 1 channel cat. Vi got 6.  Several ugly, skinny cats.

Tuesday the water temp at quitting time was 67* to day it was 74*[Image: UT-Lake-30-inches-May-26-2020.jpg]
It was great to see you guys and see your new boat. It sure is nice. Sounds like you guys faired a bit better than we did. We mustered 4 between bird island and mud lake. And you really did much better on the 26th.Great job.
So happy to see you finally made it out. How are you feeling? We sure need a couple of catching machines like you two, especially with the bigguns.

I guess I just barely missed you guys and Justin. I had a great start in the morning, catching fish at the rate of one every 14 minutes but it didn't last very long. They went into a lull and I was too stubborn in the afternoon as I went four hours with only a couple of half-hearted bites. Maybe my brain was cooked. I put the Bimini up for the first time and it sure made a difference. I ended up with just six small-to-medium ones. I used my ice-fishing laker rod (38") for the first time. I got two bites but couldn't hook them up; maybe not stiff enough to set the circle hook? Third time was a charm, though--it wasn't as tough to reel the little guy in as I thought it might be, but then, he was a little guy. At least it makes a viable back-up that I can keep in a short locker.

What part of the lake did you fish? I hope to see out there soon.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(05-29-2020, 04:14 AM)r2u2 Wrote: Headed out from LB Tuesday 26th for our first catfish trip this season.

I had about given up with the State DMV trying to get the title and registration taken care of, thus the late start.

We got a late start but had a good day. Vi caught the first two, take home size. Then I hooked up with a 29" then backed it up with a 30". Made my day.  We ended the day with Vi catching three, me catching six.

Ya sure can tell when ya got a good one on.

We went out again today 28th. We began to think we were going to get skunked then Vi started catching while I watched and attended to her needs. I finally caught 1 WB, a Bullhead and 1 channel cat. Vi got 6.  Several ugly, skinny cats.

Tuesday the water temp at quitting time was 67* to day it was 74*[Image: UT-Lake-30-inches-May-26-2020.jpg]

Hey fella, nice to know you and the Mrs. are back out on the water. That was a real hog you photoed.  Been quite a few Cats in the upper 28,29 and 30 range coming out of UL  so far this year.  
Did you 2 want to join up in the Cat Contest this year ?  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Forrest I requested that they be in the cat contest early on for them when there was the issue getting logged in was happening. Jeff responded that was fine so they should be on the list already.
Some great Cats. Its gona be real tough to catch the South group with the number of 30" fish UL is kicking out.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew