Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln beach- trip two
I made it back down to my favorite place Friday morning. I left Blackfoot at 4:30 and had my first cat in the boat at 8:45, a 23 1/2 incher. I landed 13 fishing the weeds before 1 pm my biggest a 24 inches and 5 1/2 pounds. And then took a break before checking out Bird Island. It was slow, I got two in three hours but my best of the day: 26" and 8 lbs. 
 I was back at Lincoln Beach by 5:30 Saturday morning. Got my first at 6:15 then one at 6:30 and every 10 or 15 minutes I'd get one. And at 7:20 I had one on each pole. And at 9:20 I caught my 10th one of the morning and quit before the wind got up. I got them all (25) on night crawler and shrimp and a red and white bobber.[Image: amazon-photos-shared-media3769620228855496705.jpg] Boy it is hard to get a good picture on the bump board. I don't know how you guys in the contest do it.
Hey, Randy, it was good to see you Friday. Sorry I missed you Saturday. I got up at 4 but remembered I hadn't charged up my second battery and I won't good out without a full charge on. So that and other little things kept me from getting there till later. I thought I saw you fishing by the orchards but I never got close enough to be sure it was you. Maybe next time; I'm sure I could learn a trick or two from you.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig, how did you do Saturday? I had an extra charged battery in my truck you could have used. To show you how I fish the weeds would be a lot better if you could go with me in my boat. I hit little pockets in the weeds and trees and move often. The water was around 70 degrees and I swear they fought twice as hard as they did a month ago when I was there last. So much fun. It is hard and frustrating sometimes that close to the brush. Some times you cast and hook a tree or bush under water and have to break off. You loose a lot of hooks and bobbers. And go through lots of bait. And sometimes you cast and as soon as your bobber hits the water, it takes off and the cat jumps out of the water like a Rainbow trout. And some of them wrap you around a bush and you have to go and reach down and untangle them by hand. But I absolutely love it. If you guys are going to do some kind of clean up down there, I will help.
(06-01-2020, 01:30 AM)fast_randy Wrote: I made it back down to my favorite place Friday morning. I left Blackfoot at 4:30 and had my first cat in the boat at 8:45, a 23 1/2 incher. I landed 13 fishing the weeds before 1 pm my biggest a 24 inches and 5 1/2 pounds. And then took a break before checking out Bird Island. It was slow, I got two in three hours but my best of the day: 26" and 8 lbs. 
 I was back at Lincoln Beach by 5:30 Saturday morning. Got my first at 6:15 then one at 6:30 and every 10 or 15 minutes I'd get one. And at 7:20 I had one on each pole. And at 9:20 I caught my 10th one of the morning and quit before the wind got up. I got them all (25) on night crawler and shrimp and a red and white bobber.[Image: amazon-photos-shared-media3769620228855496705.jpg] Boy it is hard to get a good picture on the bump board. I don't know how you guys in the contest do it.

Hey it was good to meet you on Friday and I'm glad the kitties treated you well. The bump board secret is a proprietary tranquilizer, either injected or given orally. I would share the name, but it might end up touted as the next cure for "da virus"

Thanks for sharing!
Piscophilic Wrote:
fast_randy Wrote:I made it back down to my favorite place Friday morning. I left Blackfoot at 4:30 and had my first cat in the boat at 8:45, a 23 1/2 incher. I landed 13 fishing the weeds before 1 pm my biggest a 24 inches and 5 1/2 pounds. And then took a break before checking out Bird Island. It was slow, I got two in three hours but my best of the day: 26" and 8 lbs. 

Hey it was good to meet you on Friday and I'm glad the kitties treated you well. The bump board secret is a proprietary tranquilizer, either injected or given orally. I would share the name, but it might end up touted as the next cure for "da virus"

Thanks for sharing!

Randy, it's called a "Fish Billy"  Cool
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool