Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome day at Lincoln Beach
Richard and I got on the water at 7:15, but didn't have a bite until 7:45. Richard caught about every 30 minutes, and had 5 before I even had a nibble.

I finally got my first one at 9:40.  We trolled over to the West to start with, then decided to go East for awhile.
Richard was catching 2 to my 1 all day.  About noon we decided to go over to the weeds and see what we could scare up.

The fish were small from 20 inches to about 24 inches, but they sure put up a fight like they were 30 inchers. We had a couple of doubles and things sure get hectic when that happens.

Richard had a fish on and it was fighting pretty good when it got tangled in the weeds, he thought for sure it was his 31 incher.  We took the boat over close enough to get the line unrapped from the branch it was hooked on when he finally landed it, it was a 27 inch carp. That will replenish our bait supply for awhile, as we were about out of White bass.

We decided to try some shrimp for a change, and to our surprise we caught 3 mud cats, and the carp on it.

Richard caught 16, and I caught 8. We released all but 8.  Cat Fish dinner tonite was superb.

[Image: Big-27-inch-carp-from-Utah-Lake-June-3rd.jpg]
Carp on top of our Cats
Cookie said to take his fishing pole next time he is out fishing ya. Works everytime for her. Somtimes all I have left to fish with is a willow and some kite string
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Wow you guys slayed em.. I went out to the island but my boat started taking on water filling up the oar locker with 5" of water and my bilge pump didn't work. My boat has never taken on water so I've never needed the bilge pump so now I have a new thing to fix I guess I just don't know what yet.
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for the report! It does go both ways on my boat. Last trip Julie got 3 before I got any. She out-fished me all day.