Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge new Record
3 of us Left Salt Lake Tue. at 3:30 am made it to Mountain View Wyoming had a flat tiire on the boat trailer.
made it back home with no spare tire.

Tue fished for big lakers, started jigging.   Was in a lot of lakers could not catch any having a hard time finding the jig on the garmin live scope.
then started trolling and was hooking them right of the bat.
I need to go out alone and and learn how to find the jig down 100 feet.

next two days fished for Kokanee
The Record is we lost more kokanee that were  over 3 pounds ( are just say big) Wed. than I have in my hole life.
it was 9 are 10 we lost.  most we could not net them.   we may be getting to old, we use to be good athletics and ball plaryers. 
some post here that say  they never lose a Kokanee,  wish they had of been with us.
the biggest looked like over 24" and over 4 lbs, they are so big they go where ever they want  ( If we had my Laker pole could make them go where ever we wanted)  but with the kokanee poles they have free rain   that is what makes kokanee fishing so fun.

Any way we did not do to bad, we brought home all the kokanee the law would let us, maybe next year it will be 8 each
we fish the WY. side.
Did not take any Pictures

here are 2 snapshots from my garmin Live scope, I have two LiveScope Transducers that go to the 12" fishfinder.
in the split screen the one on the left is looking in front of the boat and behind the boat and the top is 0 that is where the transducer is, and it shows how may feet forward and back it is seeing.
the right side  I dont know how deep the fish are but they are some where between on top to about 45 feet down.
[Image: Dodger-and-downrigger-balls.jpg]

You have herd that fish only go up to bit your lure,  
I found out that is not True,   I have seen them go down over 20 feet to get the lure, also they will go up over 20 feet to get your lure
[Image: 04-JUN20-Garmin-koke-school.jpg]
I forgot to mark the two downrigger balls down 43 and 45 feet   this is where the 52 deg. water temp is, a lot of kokanee down at 45 feet.
it changed down  10 feet over night
(06-05-2020, 01:44 AM)liketrolling

Great Report, Good stuff and great fun ! I have had days where I never lose them and get cocky !! then I have days like you mentioned where I lose more than I can land !!! That\s part of the fun and frustration of Koke fishing. I feel that Kokes are more likely to come up to hit a lure than go down, But they will do both and in fishing you can never say never to anything !!
Mildog Out Wrote:
3 of us Left Salt Lake Tue. at 3:30 am made it to Mountain View Wyoming had a flat tiire on the boat trailer.

Tue fished for big lakers, started jigging.   Was in a lot of lakers could not catch any having a hard time finding the jig on the garmin live scope.

The Record is we lost more kokanee that were  over 3 pounds ( are just say big) Wed. than I have in my hole life.
it was 9 are 10 we lost.  most we could not net them.   we may be getting to old, we use to be good athletics and ball plaryers. 
some post here that say  they never lose a Kokanee,  wish they had of been with us.
the biggest looked like over 24" and over 4 lbs, they are so big they go where ever they want  ( If we had my Laker pole could make them go where ever we wanted)  but with the kokanee poles they have free rain   that is what makes kokanee fishing so fun.

Any way we did not do to bad, we brought home all the kokanee the law would let us, maybe next year it will be 8 each
we fish the WY. side.

here are 2 snapshots from my garmin Live scope, I have two LiveScope Transducers that go to the 12" fishfinder.
in the split screen the one on the left is looking in front of the boat and behind the boat and the top is 0 that is where the transducer is, and it shows how may feet forward and back it is seeing.
the right side  I dont know how deep the fish are but they are some where between on top to about 45 feet down.

You have heard that fish only go up to bite your lure,  
I found out that is not True,   I have seen them go down over 20 feet to get the lure, also they will go up over 20 feet to get your lure
I forgot to mark the two downrigger balls down 43 and 45 feet   this is where the 52 deg. water temp is, a lot of kokanee down at 45 feet.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Thanks for the report! Sounds like a great -- if sometimes frustrating! -- trip
(06-05-2020, 01:44 AM)Great report Robert. Sounds like you and your friends had a great time. It sure can be frustrating losing big fish, it makes the reward when you land those fish all the more sweet having an appreciation for how difficult the feat is.  Take care my friend, I hope to get an opportunity ti check out your new Live Scope toy some time. liketrolling Wrote: 3 of us Left Salt Lake Tue. at 3:30 am made it to Mountain View Wyoming had a flat tiire on the boat trailer.

we fish the WY. side.

You have herd that fish only go up to bit your lure,  
Sunrise on the water
We farmed a bunch of kokes on Friday and Saturday also, some trips just seem to be that way lol