Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Feed
Sadly my better half lost her mom and I took on the task of feeding everyone after the service. 10 lbs of smoked pulled pork, 10 lbs of baked beans, funeral potatoes, 3 lbs of summer sausage, cheese and crackers, 100 Italian meatballs, 3 cheese cakes and a German chocolate cake.
Was a great feast.

.[Image: KIMG0543.jpg]
(06-05-2020, 11:31 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Sadly my better half lost her mom and I took on the task of feeding everyone after the service. 10 lbs of smoked pulled pork, 10 lbs of baked beans, funeral potatoes, 3 lbs of summer sausage, cheese and crackers, 100 Italian meatballs, 3 cheese cakes and a German chocolate cake.
Was a great feast.

.[Image: KIMG0543.jpg]

Sorry about the loss of you mother in law. That is a great spread you put out for the family and friends, I'm sure you made your wife proud.
Thanks Curt. They were all pretty impressed. Lots of great comments from all of her family and friends. I'm guessing I'll be expected to bring a few more dishes to family gatherings from now on.
Better half found pork on sale, so I put together 18# of salami for her and 8# of bacon.
[Image: KIMG0597.jpg]

Got to try out my new casing stuffer, worked great, don't know why I didn't get one earlier.

[Image: KIMG0596.jpg]
Been 10 days, bacon came out of the cure today.

[Image: KIMG0613.jpg]

12 hours later it come out of the smoker, just have to slice it up and try it

[Image: KIMG0614.jpg]

Now just have to taste test it after dinner.
Looks good, how did it taste?
It turned out good, gave some to the neighbor yesterday, see what he has to say.