Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWR Contest
Here is a contest if anyone is interested

Moon Lake: ★★★★ Tagged Fishing Contest location!!! We're teaming up with local Basin radio station The Fox 98.5 for the 10th Annual Fishing with the Fox tagged fishing contest. We encourage anglers — local and far — to fish at one of the three designated bodies of water (don't forget to social distance) and catch one of the hundreds of tagged fish in the Uintah Basin: Moon Lake, Moose Pond and Matt Warner Reservoir. Catch a neon green tag that says "DWR WIN" and you could be a winner! Catch a tagged fish between now and Aug. 2 at 11:59 p.m., register the information online and be entered in the final drawing for big prizes! The prize drawing will happen Aug. 6, 2020 at the park in front of the Uintah County Library. You must be present to win, or must register another person to represent you at the drawing. Register online: https://bit.ly/FishingFox20 Questions? Call Tonya at 801-995-2972. Angler report excellent fishing right now! Moon Lake was sampled July 3, 2019 by DWR biologist. Several nice tiger trout were sampled and released (18-25"). Tiger trout were heavily foraging on mountain sucker, if targeting this species fish early morning or evenings close to the shorelines. The inlet area has stacked up rainbow trout and small kokanee salmon. Try casting spinners and jigs into the current where it enters the lake. Other notable species sampled were small splake (12-18") and some brook trout. The reservoir itself is very full, and debris is present throughout the reservoir. ([i]May 28, 2020)[/i]

Matt Warner Reservoir: ★★★ Access to the reservoir is good. A significant portion of the fish population was lost to winterkill due to low oxygen levels during the winter. There were larger fish that did survive the winter so there is still an opportunity to catch bigger fish, although catch rates will be slower than normal. 15,000 catchable rainbow trout were stocked before Memorial Day. Tagged Fishing Contest location!!! DWR has teamed up with local Basin radio station The Fox 98.5 for the 10th Annual Fishing with the Fox fishing contest. We encourage anglers, local and far, to fish at one of the three designated bodies of water in the Uintah Basin: Moon Lake, Moose Pond and Matt Warner Reservoir and catch one of the hundreds of tagged fish. Catch a neon green tag that says "DWR WIN" and you could be a winner! Catch a tagged fish between now and Aug. 2 at 11:59 p.m., register the information online and be entered in the final drawing for big prizes! The prize drawing will happen Aug. 6, 2020 at the park in front of the Uintah County Library. You must be present to win, or must register another person to represent you at the drawing. Register online: https://bit.ly/FishingFox20 Questions? Call Tonya at 801-995-2972.  ([i]June 04, 2020)[/i]

Moose Pond: ★★★ The pond is somewhat muddy from run-off. Anglers report catching stocked rainbow trout. It was stocked before Memorial Day. Typical trout lures such a spinners, spoons, power bait and worms will work well. Tagged Fishing Contest location!!! DWR has teamed up with local Basin radio station The Fox 98.5 for the 10th Annual Fishing with the Fox fishing contest. We encourage anglers, local and far, to fish at one of the three designated bodies of water in the Uintah Basin: Moon Lake, Moose Pond and Matt Warner Reservoir and catch one of the hundreds of tagged fish. Catch a neon green tag that says "DWR WIN" and you could be a winner! Catch a tagged fish between now and Aug. 2 at 11:59 p.m., register the information online and be entered in the final drawing for big prizes! The prize drawing will happen Aug. 6, 2020 at the park in front of the Uintah County Library. You must be present to win, or must register another person to represent you at the drawing. Register online: https://bit.ly/FishingFox20 Questions? Call Tonya at 801-995-2972.  ([i]June 04, 2020)[/i]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF