Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 great days at the Gorge
Took my neighbor, his kids and dad out to hunt for kokes as they had never targeted them or caught any before, despite the forecast the plans were going to stay in place and figured we would at least get in a few good hrs on Friday before the wind and rain hit and hopefully we would have a window this am. Decided to launch at Sheep Crk hoping that if the wind arrived we would have some shelter. Took some time on Friday but we finally found fish and ended up putting limits in the box. Wind kicked up late Friday night but was gone by this am so we went back to the spot and limited again today in 1.5hrs. Pink was the color they wanted at 1.6 on the gps at 35-45 feet deep. 
[Image: 3-ED27907-8722-4-EF0-ADD4-EAD25-B4-B3-BCB.jpg]

[Image: 50-CFC8-B5-4-ACC-43-CB-BF4-D-7-BBC373-B1-EF5.jpg]

[Image: 29-C5-B1-F6-BDF5-4-CE4-BF65-3-A200765-E8-ED.jpg]
Good for you. Looks like the boys had a great time.
Wow, great trip!  Hoping to get up there sometime this year.
Awesome! Glad you found some koks!!!
Nice going Alan, great you could help force the fun in your neighbors lives.  Wink  That first pic has all indication of cool weather. I'm thinking of another 1day adventure.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Nicely done...those kids will never forget a trip like that....hard to beat a good trip to the Gorge...Guluk..
(06-06-2020, 11:59 PM)2knots Wrote: Took my neighbor, his kids and dad out to hunt for kokes as they had never targeted them or caught any before, despite the forecast the plans were going to stay in place and figured we would at least get in a few good hrs on Friday before the wind and rain hit and hopefully we would have a window this am. Decided to launch at Sheep Crk hoping that if the wind arrived we would have some shelter. Took some time on Friday but we finally found fish and ended up putting limits in the box. Wind kicked up late Friday night but was gone by this am so we went back to the spot and limited again today in 1.5hrs. Pink was the color they wanted at 1.6 on the gps at 35-45 feet deep. 
[Image: 3-ED27907-8722-4-EF0-ADD4-EAD25-B4-B3-BCB.jpg]

[Image: 50-CFC8-B5-4-ACC-43-CB-BF4-D-7-BBC373-B1-EF5.jpg]

[Image: 29-C5-B1-F6-BDF5-4-CE4-BF65-3-A200765-E8-ED.jpg]
That's a trip those young boys won't soon forget. Great job getting those youngsters out. 
Sunrise on the water
Thanks guys, really enjoy getting the kids on fish and hopefully starting the angling fire.

Roger that “weather” pic was Saturday when the rain started to arrive about an hour before we were off the water, hit a major downpour just before we hit the launch area of course lol
(06-08-2020, 11:23 PM)2knots Wrote: Thanks guys, really enjoy getting the kids on fish and hopefully starting the angling fire.

Roger that “weather” pic was Saturday when the rain started to arrive about an hour before we were off the water, hit a major downpour just before we hit the launch area of course lol
We were there Friday afternoon and Saturday morning as well - at Hideout.  You should have waved.  Big Grin 

Limits both days as well.  Heading back up on June 22 for a couple more days with a friend.  Probably just stick to the Utah side next trip since he doesn't have the WY stamp.
(06-13-2020, 07:31 PM)dubob Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 11:23 PM)2knots Wrote: Thanks guys, really enjoy getting the kids on fish and hopefully starting the angling fire.

We were there Friday afternoon and Saturday morning as well - at Hideout.  You should have waved.  Big Grin 

Limits both days as well.  Heading back up on June 22 for a couple more days with a friend.  Probably just stick to the Utah side next trip since he doesn't have the WY stamp.
I saw your boat but didn’t know you were there, we stayed at the KOA just below where you were to. We’re moving on the 25th into the house so I’ll probably be grounded that week unless I want to live in the boat for the rest of the year lol