Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Strike out 6/5
Went to Jordanelle Friday 6/5. Had some fuel tank issues that kept us off the water until about 8:00 AM.
Rigged up with two trolling poles down about 15 feet with typical dodger / squid rigs . Dodgers in Prism
and hot pink and hot orange squids. Tipped with gulp maggots.  Also ran a couple of riggers at about 20
to 30 foot depths. Couldnt get any strikes to brag about. Started towards damn and trolled up the right
arm headed away from the damn. Only marked fish on a couple of occassions but nothing seemed too interested.
Did find some great snags along that side , must pay closer attention to depth changes and downrigger depth.
Downrigger 101. 

Nice day out though for the most part. Hope to have more to report , next trip...
So I fished Jordy May 27, 28 and 29 and the bite was over by 8:30 to 9:00.  Coldest day was the 27th and almost all fish (10 fish) came off of the planer boards.  The 28th (8 fish) 1/2 planers 1/2 riggers @ 13ft.  Last and most sunniest day all (3 fish) off the riggers @ 13 and 19 ft. Nice thing was they were nice fish, with quite a few at 19 inches. Good luck.... Wrote:Went to Jordanelle Friday 6/5. Had some fuel tank issues that kept us off the water until about 8:00 AM.
Rigged up with two trolling poles down about 15 feet with typical dodger / squid rigs . Dodgers in Prism
and hot pink and hot orange squids. Tipped with gulp maggots.  Also ran a couple of riggers at about 20
to 30 foot depths. Couldnt get any strikes to brag about. Started towards damn and trolled up the right
arm headed away from the damn. Only marked fish on a couple of occassions but nothing seemed too interested.
Did find some great snags along that side , must pay closer attention to depth changes and downrigger depth.
Downrigger 101. 

Nice day out though for the most part. Hope to have more to report , next trip...
I was on Jordanelle that day as well, trolling from my kayak. I had zero luck with the kokes. I was on the water around 7am and retreated to the no wake zone around 10am. Ended up catching a few bass before departing.