Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topics not appreciated on any guns or outdoors forums.
Wink 
After visiting several different firearms and/or hunting/outdoors websites over the years and reading the boards I've come to a conclusion what's not appreciated there. Folks have been been booted off/banned for touching on certain subjects. The gun forums crowd seems to be a good ole boy conservative lot but I think the 2nd A rights belong to all American citizens equally regardless of one's social class, walk of life or culture. 

1. giving advice to others on outdoors recreation if one is a greenhorn member
2. posting too many threads in "off topic" 
3. expressing that taking up hunting or fishing might be too expensive, difficult to find places to do those things, troublesome or might not yield game in the freezer of a certain quality to your liking (quite frankly, I refuse to toss a line into a body of water that looks dirty to me) 
4. expressing liberal political or social views 
5. bad-mouthing law enforcement or the military
6. bad-mouthing American-brand products as automobiles and light-duty trucks 
7. praising foreign-brand automobiles or trucks especially Japanese brands
8. appearing radically pro-gun (an Uzi in every purse or fanny-pack type of person)
9. expressing concerns about animal welfare and animal cruelty
10. bad-mouthing rustic or unsophisticated cultures (expressing an appreciation for classical/jazz music over cowboy/hillbilly music) 
11. talking about keeping the environment clean and not littering: If you love America, you don't pollute America just because you are too lazy to find a garbage can to throw your McDonald's cup in.
12. expressing opposition to drinking, fattening foods and smoking while seeming like a Euell Gibbons/Jack Lalane type
"Endowed upon us by nature, the absolute right to keep and bear arms and the right to have such arms immediately available to each and every one of us for self-preservation is the inalienable human right of all law-abiding persons worldwide."
You are right, lots of topics like these really sensitive. Not sure why, it's something that needs to be talked about. I think it's because too many wallflowers.
(06-10-2020, 12:58 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: You are right, lots of topics like these really sensitive. Not sure why, it's something that needs to be talked about. I think it's because too many wallflowers.

Let me tell you about my Nixon/Ford-voting Republican grandfather who worked in and lived near San Francisco. He retired in 1973 and died in 1980 at age 72.  He was union, IUOE, Local 3, a hard hat. He believed in the death penalty adamantly. He served in the army WWII, drafted, Japanese theater, supply sergeant, infantry, out in 1945. He told me an American should fight and die for his country.  He was pro Buy American and frowned upon many Japanese products. He owned several guns. He formerly went hunting and still avidly fished when I knew him up until the last 4 years of his life.  

He hated people who littered, however. In 1977 while at his house, I dumped some old motor oil down the gutter of his street and told me I could get in trouble. He was the first person to tell me that ignorance of the law was never an excuse and I would hear the phrase repeated several times again to come. 

He told me the police can arrest people for cruelty to animals. He said I ought to be ashamed of myself for missing feeding my family's dogs as a chore one time. He heard from my mother that I would be irresponsible in animal care. I admit when I was young I thought of pets as toys or material objects instead of living things and I would get lazy and slack off on my chores. I grew older, wiser and more caring of God's creatures.
"Endowed upon us by nature, the absolute right to keep and bear arms and the right to have such arms immediately available to each and every one of us for self-preservation is the inalienable human right of all law-abiding persons worldwide."