Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modifying soft plastic lures
I could sit all day coming up with different combinations of lure parts from different lures.
[Image: gVbNezh.jpg]

These did great yesterday for sunfish, crappie from 10-11" and perch. A 1/24 oz ball head jig and braid did the trick.
(06-09-2020, 06:09 PM)SenkoSam Wrote: I could sit all day coming up with different combinations of lure parts from different lures.
[Image: gVbNezh.jpg]

These did great yesterday for sunfish, crappie from 10-11" and perch. A 1/24 oz ball head jig and braid did the trick.
Did the grub with the white tail catch any fish? Seems like an odd color but I guess if the fish like it that's all that counts.
It's a clear tail same as this min wacky stick:
[Image: 55Dm0O2.jpg]

and this grub with a bit of flakes glued to the surface:
[Image: CIWH6AK.jpg]

Clear lures work because of light refraction inside the body gives them color and a 3D visual affect depending on background.
OK, that makes sense, it just looked white in that pic I guess.
Clear is never transparent underwater. Background color is changed inside the lure's body and tail while the lure's surface reflects light giving the lure its shape. So much time is spent insisting on this or that color to catch fish while ignoring the lateral line and visual sharpness of fish that detect a lure's presence, motion, action, speed and direction of travel. Color realism doesn't exist for fish that strike lures - most which don't move in a realistic nor natural manner. Live bait is a different story and at times doesn't do as well as lures.