Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly times
I had a fishing trip planned for tomorrow with a guy and today, when we touched bases with each other, I asked him to not go unless he was 100% healthy.  He assured me that he was (and I trust that he felt that way).  About two hours after that exchange, I received a text that he couldn't go because he was going into self isolation.  A neighbor tested positive for the virus and his kids play over there.  These are not the "best of times".
Cookie and I are up in Logan for a few days for our 30th anniversary. I asked her were she wanted to have dinner. She said McDonalds. I just looked at her and asked "for our 30th?". She said " did you see the news about the meat plant and the Corona V up here, I am not going to a resturant". Ya differnt world right now. But I bet we still hit the Blue Bird. She cant say no to the chocolates.

And to keep a fishing theme, we will hit Newton in the morning
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-09-2020, 11:58 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Cookie and I are up in Logan for a few days for our 30th anniversary....

Oh, to be a newlywed again. Heart
Yep, very bad deal in the world right now. Just have to keep ourselves as safe as we can, I'm still skeptical about going to a restaurant.
A friend that I went fishing with Friday had his son's test come back positive today. About the same situation with a co-worker and his daughter yesterday.

I will be staying hid away for awhile to see if symptoms show up over the next little while.

But the walleye bite at Willard on Friday was one of the best that I have ever encountered. Eighteen fish caught between 1-8 PM before the wind got bad.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Consider Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2-MK7, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, exercise, and good sleep for your immune system to have what it needs to have advantages over threats.
I hear you about finding a restaurant for an anniversary. Our 50th is in three weeks. Whole family coming. Just try to find a place that will seat us all together and have memorable food and service. We've almost worked our way all the way down to the meeting room at Golden Corral...
RockyRaab2 have you thought about having it catered? Lots of great places to eat bring the food to you! nice quite in the back yard! less exposure also.
Glad to hear you're being careful about it. Take care and be well.
cowboy, get your sweetheart the hell out of Cache Valley. It's # 1 on the virus hit parade. Take her to Montana.
(06-09-2020, 11:58 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Cookie and I are up in Logan for a few days for our 30th anniversary. I asked her were she wanted to have dinner. She said McDonalds. I just looked at her and asked "for our 30th?". She said " did you see the news about the meat plant and the Corona V up here, I am not going to a resturant". Ya differnt world right now. But I bet we still hit the Blue Bird. She cant say no to the chocolates.

And to keep a fishing theme, we will hit Newton in the morning

TCM and I went to the Blue Bird for our second,  1st anniversary,  a couple years ago.  Never mind, long story. But my sons and I had found it about 4 years ago on one of our annual August camping trips to Hyrum.  The food, service, and deserts were GREAT !   Smile  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I am currently in self quarantine myself. Tested me last evening and now a 2-5 day wait for the results. I live in a remote part of the state but caught what I think is a head cold. Since I work at a military installation I was required to self report. It’s a goofy time to be alive. Good luck to y’all. I told the doctor that with all the accidental vaccines and antibiotics I’ve given myself over the years of having cattle I was most likely immune. He didn’t think I was funny.
(06-11-2020, 01:23 AM)Bovineowner Wrote: I am currently in self quarantine myself. Tested me last evening and now a 2-5 day wait for the results. I live in a remote part of the state but caught what I think is a head cold. Since I work at a military installation I was required to self report. It’s a goofy time to be alive. Good luck to y’all. I told the doctor that with all the accidental vaccines and antibiotics I’ve given myself over the years of having cattle I was most likely immune. He didn’t think I was funny.

Self bovine innoculation - brings back fond memories. We had a perfectly fine squezze chute at the ranch, but dad seemed to take great delight in having us rope and throw the calves. No horses mind ya just a bunch of kids running around in the corrals with a ropes. I always got the short straw and had to run up and grab a handful of hide and throw them on thier side and then work my way to the back to grab a couple legs and lock them down. Needless to say, but I still sqeak a bit when I sing the Anthem owing to some well placed kicks from some very upset bull calves turned steer - attempting to return the favor. And ya, I was innoculated for most bovine diseases over the years cause my older brother could not aim straight, while laughing at me holding on to my neather regions that just took a whoolping from - well read the sentance a few lines up and you will get the drift. Seems my cowboyboots were always getting branded too. Come to think about it now, I might go see a laywer.

Oh and newton treated us great - will get a report up later this week but we are on our 30 anniversary trip and I am getting that look from Cookie that says she knows I on am on BFT this morning and not rubbing her feet.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew