Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weber river condition?
I want to introduce my grand kids to river fly fishing.  It has been a while sense I've walked a river, but want to take them to the river in the Morgan area to wade and fly fish the river.
I am hoping someone can give me some information about the condition of the river, is the high water gone? Has the fishing been good, and maybe what flies to use at this time?
I posted on the fly fishing board but no one would respond.
They like the boat and have been very successful with lots of fish.  I always could have fun on the river but don't walk very well any more, I'm trying to give them as much experience as possible while I can.

thanks,
The tubes have started running from Henefer on down through the canyon which makes playing with a fly a bit akward unless you go early. I love the section on the lower end of the golf course and on the upper Petersen's walk in but they have been hammered lately, so I dont go till fall now.

The blue ribbon section between wanship and coalville, for me, is better as the rafters start up. Some great whitefish and brown in that strech. It is artificial only. I fish a dropper with a sow bug and a bedhead or pheasant tail to start and switch up. But a spinner can get ya some nice action too. There are a number of angler walk in points that are not a bad walk around creamery I will be in Henefer working on my new place and can point you a bit better if you head that way.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew