Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They are building a new Community pond by.........
Willard, if you of you are interested in it's construction and want to learn where the structure is located, you can see it outside the North marina at Willard. They are building it where they pulled out all or most of the dirt they used to raise the level of the dike a few years back. If you are driving South on the Freeway, coming from the Brigham area, you can see it just to the West of the Willard exit. If you are coming from the South, get off at the Willard exit and instead of going into the North marina entrance, take a right on that perimeter road and you will see it on your left. I was told they are going to stock it with a lot of the fish that are in Willard, maybe few more.
Wow, that is cool!
I drive by that pond on my way to work. Last week I noticed it had been drained and crews were grading the bottom and sides, now would be a good time to get some photos of the bottom structure.
Big Grin 
When complete, the benches will have old trees sunk, secured to the bottom, as well as other cover.  They had water quality studies of the pond done before they went to the effort and expense, and the temperatures and water chemistry will support trout as well as warm water species.

This may be one of the most thought out community pond constructions done in the state to date.

On the other hand, my youngest brother is the one the state contracted to do the studies and design, so I am a bit prejudiced in this regard.

I think this will be a great option in the future of the regional pond fishermen. Big Grin