Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
may be I should stop telling how to catch Kokanee, Must read
with my Garmin Live Scope I'm seeing kokanee do things, so I need to relearn.
and some things you may have heard may not be true

I put a camera on the garmin fishfinder and record, so when I go home I can rewatch 
we had a post about Positive Ion Control (PIC) on Cannon Downriggers and it got pretty hot.
this is what I'm seeing on the the livescope. what is going on I don't know
I see Kokanee going to the bottom downrigger ball.  They will go down, come up, are be right their straight line to the ball.
I have a Aqua-Vu Underwater Color Video Camera maybe the best they make.
yesterday I was in the most kokanee I have been in this year.  to see what was going on.
I had it on record.  so did not see this live, spent to much time catching fish.

I put the camera on a downrigger ball went down to where the water temp. was 52 deg. down 32 feet
saw over 70 kokanee IN less than 2 hr., come to that ball most would be above the ball and stay there for over 2 min  I was going 1.3 to 1.7 mph.   so do they do that because of cannon Positive ion control?     ( I don't know).

Today ended up taking my wife she did not want to go, we did catch 8 kokanee
and was home by 11 am
alot of wind and white caps. she reels and I net .  did not dare to stand when I was netting. a lot of the time was only using 2 poles
to much wind
The advice that I have learned between going with you and what you have put on here have helped me up my salmon game a ton.

I think that there are certain things that will never make sense when studying fish behavior but you sir have a system that works more times than not.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
That is very interesting. Hope you will post some pictures of this.
Robert, you've helped out a lot of fellas here getting kokes. Not many will purchase the equipment you invest in on, I for one, you keep advancing with technology which I find intriguing with what you post. You have your own version of "Liketrolling Evolution of Kokanee Fishing" from the start with basics all the way thru the current outcome, keep it going.  Shy Lets see some of that video. Cool  
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Very interesting good stuff!! I see fish coming up to look at downrigger ball and people with will say they are coming up to look at the flasher. I remind them it’s 50 feet behind the boat. So a couple times for fun I have put my rig 2feet behind my ball and caught kokes. Once it was at 5 feet on the downrigger ball right behind my trolling motor, so figure that out, so much for the boat “spooking” them. With the position of the mount of the downrigger and the set back, my dodger/squid rig was Pretty much 5 feet directly under the prop on trolling motor and about even with back of the boat!!
I do use a Torqeedo electric for my trolling motor much of the time, it is pretty quiet compared to gas outboard, so that might make a difference. One problem I had on that particular time was it hit, released and jumped so close to the boat it jumped almost into the boat and over my other line that was stacked on the same downrigger. It made for a bit of a rodeo but I landed it.
I usually have no trouble catching them on normal set back so I don’t try it much. But they often do come look at the ball and you can catch them right behind the ball. I do have Cannons with ion control I have checked it with multi meter after seeing some discussion on it and it was reading what it was supposed too. Not sure if it makes a difference doesn’t seem to hurt??
Mildog out
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Liketrolling, 

With the title of your post, I thought I should speak up. I follow your research faithfully by reading your posts, even though I have Livescope & Canons for a few years, I still learn from you. I know it takes a lot of time to watch and maybe edit videos from underwater cameras and footage of your graphs, possibly as much time as you spent while trolling. Thanks for taking that time and forming theories about what you discover.

I have had similar experience as Mildog about catching salmon in the "prop wash", although they were Chinook & Coho.  They were just too lively to try to control when they strike that close to the boat, it wasn't worth the time it took to untangle the lines.  Those strikes occurred mostly by accident when I  first started letting line out. This happened before the advent of ion control.
(06-16-2020, 08:18 PM)liketrolling Wrote: with my Garmin Live Scope I'm seeing kokanee do things, so I need to relearn.
and some things you may have heard may not be true

I put a camera on the garmin fishfinder and record, so when I go home I can rewatch 
we had a post about Positive Ion Control (PIC) on Cannon Downriggers and it got pretty hot.
this is what I'm seeing on the the livescope. what is going on I don't know
I see Kokanee going to the bottom downrigger ball.  They will go down, come up, are be right their straight line to the ball.
I have a Aqua-Vu Underwater Color Video Camera maybe the best they make.
yesterday I was in the most kokanee I have been in this year.  to see what was going on.
I had it on record.  so did not see this live, spent to much time catching fish.

I put the camera on a downrigger ball went down to where the water temp. was 52 deg. down 32 feet
saw over 70 kokanee IN less than 2 hr., come to that ball most would be above the ball and stay there for over 2 min  I was going 1.3 to 1.7 mph.   so do they do that because of cannon Positive ion control?     ( I don't know).

Today ended up taking my wife she did not want to go, we did catch 8 kokanee
and was home by 11 am
alot of wind and white caps. she reels and I net .  did not dare to stand when I was netting. a lot of the time was only using 2 poles
to much wind
Do you happen to have a picture of how you attach your aqua vu to the downrigger ball? I have been trying to figure out a way to use mine with the trolling fin. Would make for some really cool footage. Thanks!
I have a small Lund and limited trolling tools therefore I really enjoy reading your reports, keep them coming, very grateful for your reports.