Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Walleye Last Week 6/10
Have not seen any updates on Deer Creek, So here is a quick report. Before the storms and windy weather hit last week, I ran up to Deer Creek to try for Walleye. Could not catch any with the Lost Creek 3.5 inch swim baits that usually produce well for me. I did catch a couple smallmouth, perch and a nice sized rainbow. Switched to Blades and Bottom Bouncers picked up a limit of healthy Walleyes average about 17" inches average, the biggest just over 19". Also got several more rainbows and saw lots of trollers doing well on the trout.
Mildog
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
The weather kept me away from deer creek yesterday, but did get up to willard. Took the boat but to much wind for me, thats ok, truck needed to have the tires rotated.
Really deer creek has been good to me in the past. Did you bottom bounce on the north end? Where the Water is 10 to 15 feet deep.
How is the weed growth now?
Last week the weeds were two or three feet from the surface of the water. Did my best staying just outside the weed beds trolling cranks.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(06-17-2020, 09:38 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Last week the weeds were two or three feet from the surface of the water. Did my best staying just outside the weed beds trolling cranks.
Heading back up to Deer Creek on the 28th for a few days, hopefully the walleye still want to play like they did last month. Heading out to Willard in the AM haven't fished it for over a week my son and I did pretty good that morning on the eyes.
(06-17-2020, 07:55 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: The weather kept me away from deer creek yesterday, but did get up to willard. Took the boat but to much wind for me, thats ok, truck needed to have the tires rotated. 
Really deer creek has been good to me in the past.  Did you bottom bounce on the north end?  Where the Water is 10 to 15 feet deep.
How  is the weed growth now?

Like A Bow Nut said weed banks are about 3  or4 feet from the surface in various bottom depths. I work a path just off the edges of the weed banks as best I could in 13 to 17 feet of water. That is what worked best for me. If you tried for trout you could catch plenty as well. I just messed around with it and we got I think 5 or 6.
Mildog
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
If they are not biting out on the edge I will also find a lure that will either just tick the top of the weeds or one that will go into the weeds a foot or two. You have to clean you lures more but it can be effective at times too.

(06-17-2020, 10:05 PM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 09:38 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Last week the weeds were two or three feet from the surface of the water. Did my best staying just outside the weed beds trolling cranks.
Heading back up to Deer Creek on the 28th for a few days, hopefully the walleye still want to play like they did last month. Heading out to Willard in the AM haven't fished it for over a week my son and I did pretty good that morning on the eyes.
The water temperature last week was still in the upper sixties to barely seventy degrees so it think that they will still be up on the shallower side for now and the cool weather this week will help. Even in July and August people will still be catching them in water that is thirty feet or less. Especially if the gravel and rock bars are still underwater.

Going to give Willard another try this weekend. Hopefully before the shad get to big and slow the bite.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
im free fridays if anyone wants to hit deer creek! ill bring the worms you bring the boat!!