Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing the channel (Strawberry)
Does anyone regularly fish the channel between Strawberry and Soldier Creek? I used to fish it a bit but it’s been spotty for me. I’ve not even seen much on the finder back in there, although once I saw a strange looking beast swimming across it—it turned out to be a deer swimming over to the island with just its head above water. 

The section that branches off and joins the main reservoir across from the bay seems like it would hold fish but has been totally useless to me.

Anyone having a different experience?
I have caught a few fish inside there (I haven't been up this year with my boat), but I only fish there if I have to get out of the wind.
The few rainbows that we caught last year all came from the narrows. Also hit a school of salmon just into the canyon from the Solider Creek side that resulted in a triple.

Not the best fishing on the lake but nice to hide from the wind in the afternoon.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
ive caught my share of suckers in there but thats it. i only fish the berry a few times a year on open water then a few times with early ice, once the ice gets thick and the crowds show up i stray to other waters.
(06-18-2020, 01:47 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: ive caught my share of suckers in there but thats it. i only fish the berry a few times a year on open water then a few times with early ice, once the ice gets thick and the crowds show up i stray to other waters.
Would that be suckers or Chubs?
Its okay fishing definitely not as good as the open areas. Also tough to fish with all the boats cruising by in high gear

I too have catch a lot of  chubs in the narrows