Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Strawberry 6/20
I took two of my kids and made it to the Strawberry with the boat in the water around 7:00.  We fished 5 rods for kokanee instead of our usual 7 because 5 is plenty for me and the kids.

We got hits at 20, 25, 30, 40, 45 all up and down the column.  Only cutts on the surface gear. 

Caught our limits (plus all the fish the kids lost) by about 9:30 on pink and orange hoochies with a pink maggot and got out of dodge.  Troll speed was all over the place but about 1.8 was where we would see the most hits.

I heard the wind came up after I left and the fishing got better.  Hard to beat 3 limits in just over a couple hours though.

Water temperature was 58.2 on my screen.  A little cool for kokanee, but no one told them.
Thanks for sharing.
Great report. I'm sure the kids had a blast!
(06-21-2020, 04:46 PM)sliverslinger Wrote: Great report.  I'm sure the kids had a blast!
Thanks!

The kids love fishing when there is a fish on.  When there is not a fish on, they love boat snacks.  So, they get what they want either way.   Big Grin
My kid and I were down there on Saturday shore fishing. Caught a couple trout and a handful of crayfish she found.