Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not a lot of post about Strawberry here
maybe no one post because they are afraid more boats will show up
I fished strawberry 5 days this week getting to old for that 
never seen so many boats
Fri and Sat took some people from Calif. ( they drove up in there motor home.)
maybe should not have done that they found out Strawberry may be better than Flaming Gorge. they took enough
Salmon home to pay for there trip.   biggest Kokanee to day was 21" and 3.4 lbs
I don't like fishing on Sat. getting on the water was not to bad.   but getting off was no fun.

all I can tell you about catching them is my downriggers were down 22 to 35 feet but this can change.
If you are not catching them change what you are doing,

about all the boats there today there was no place to park I think some had to walk 3 mi. from where they parked there truck
Get there early or not at all. Thanks for showing those 'californian prune pickers' our fabulous resource (kidding). Seems like the DWR is hedging bets it will soon be over whelmed by the looks of their exploratory stocking reports.

I havent fished the Berry this year - sounds like a head ache and I've already got a freezer full of 2020 kokes. Glad to see people are out enjoying the resource!

Thanks for the report.
Hey Robert - I haven't posted about Strawberry, 'cuz yesterday was just my first time this season...(Fri.)...not a whole lot to brag about, at least compared to everyone else saying they're bringing home limits.....I can tell you this....the fleet was definitely out enforce all Friday A.M., at least 'til the winds kicked in at 1130.....Sure, most boaters were 'keeping their social distancing', but a couple times I had to give a honk to boaters not looking forward, and just paying attention to fishing out back....two of us got 4 kokes, 2 really nice and 2 med, and about a dozen cutts were released....white caught my bigger ones, and like said before, everything was between 22 to 34 feet down....the great openness out in the middle seemed like fishing in the desert, but we did try trolling thru it....Guluk out there....
Robert, glad to see you haven't slowed down and still catching kokes. I understand that folks rely on weekends to go on outings which in most cases crowds overwhelm the summer specialties. Retirement lets me enjoy the mid week pleasure of trailing thru the lakes. Some congestion will let up when more folks get back to their way of life & work but for now enjoy what's there. 
I haven't been to the Berry in 2wks but plans are on the table, same for another FG trip.   
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Got to love a guy that hits the berry 5x/wk. You must have all the cuts named by now and the kokes taking a number to see who get in the boat next.

In all seriousness I learn so much reading your reports - txs for sharing your knowledge
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
We were at Strawberry yesterday and man was it crowded (boats and shore fishing). There was a ton of that thick moss all over our normal spot.

Caught some crayfish with my daughter (still early in the season) and then a school of chubs came and started stealing bait.
(06-20-2020, 09:41 PM)liketrolling Wrote: maybe no one post because they are afraid more boats will show up
I fished strawberry 5 days this week getting to old for that 
never seen so many boats
Fri and Sat took some people from Calif. ( they drove up in there motor home.)
maybe should not have done that they found out Strawberry may be better than Flaming Gorge. they took enough
Salmon home to pay for there trip.   biggest Kokanee to day was 21" and 3.4 lbs
I don't like fishing on Sat. getting on the water was not to bad.   but getting off was no fun.

all I can tell you about catching them is my downriggers were down 22 to 35 feet but this can change.
If you are not catching them change what you are doing,

about all the boats there today there was no place to park I think some had to walk 3 mi. from where they parked there truck
Glad to see Strawberry doing it’s job! It’s the go to place everyone no reason to go anywhere else in the state.